Has Anyone heard the new Machine Head Songs?

Officer Nice

Masshole
Oct 7, 2002
Hey,

Has anyone out there in testament-land heard the new material
that Machine Head has been writing?
I've heard the MC Robb DMC Flynn has abadoned his
rap-metal thing and decided to go back to "Burn My Eyes"
era Machine Head.

Is this true?

Thanks, OfficerNice.

Supercharger was a major disappointment for me, even way worse than The Burning Red, which I could tolerate, actually the Burning Red songs are heavier live, the album does not bring that out..........but the European's eat them up......they can do no wrong, over there.............I seen them get the best response from a 100,000 people strong............at a couple summer Festivals......but they do play a heavier set over their. Anyway I've heard rumors of the same thing, Rob's gettin heavy, again & less Rappy.............But still not half as intense as a polished VIO-LENCE...........right Off. Nice?.............I'll think you'll agree with me on this one..........I hope..........

Originally posted by Deadly Embrace
Supercharger was a major disappointment for me,

>I still can't figure out if Rob's pot was laced with PCP or not
to make an album like that.
Disappointing? Most Definitely!

even way worse than The Burning Red, which I could tolerate, actually the Burning Red songs are heavier live, the album does not bring that out..........

>I saw Machine Head live at the Filmore when Burning
Butthole came out. I decided to have an open mind which is
highly unusual....I picked up the Burning Butthole and there
are things about the production which is as heavy as
The More Things Change, which in my opinion was shortchanged
and underrated....It's a Blistering Disc. But, the rap and
the melody stuff and the burning ballad and Robb's big sissy
crying on "five" ....I know the subject matter is serious but
the crying makes it into Melrose Place and it's just wrong
considering Robb was indeed in Vio-lence and I hate to think
Robb was being a pussy on purpose. So I'm at the show
and Robb turns "Davidian" into a rap song. I was speechless.
It was wrong. But the Burning songs weren't bad live,
but I'll take your word for it, I just don't remember it
being as stellar as seeing Machine Head at the Maritime.
(Oh Yeah, that was on the previous tour, wrong album!)

but the European's eat them up......

>no accounting for good taste? bad taste!

they can do no wrong, over there.............I seen them get the best response from a 100,000 people strong

>Don't tell Robb I called him a pussy up above!
Sounds like you know them....
ha ha. Funny thing is, his billy idol haircut made him look 5'4.

. Anyway I've heard rumors of the same thing, Rob's gettin heavy, again & less Rappy...........

>Maybe it's true afterall?

..But still not half as intense as a polished VIO-LENCE...........right Off. Nice?.............

>FUCKING A YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!!!!
You gotta see it to believe it!

I'll think you'll agree with me on this one..........

>FUCK YEAH I DO!

I hope..........

>:)

-OfficerNice.

Bah.
Robb was meant to be going heavy on Supercharger. Did he? no. And I dont know WHAT they did to their sound when they played in Sydney last year, but Davidian sounded like FUCKING SHIT. And i REALLY wanted to hear davidian live.

They were great in Sydney last year Turner! (I was front row, where were you? Perhaps the sound wasnt great all over the Hordern, which im told happens)

Originally posted by Turner
Bah.
Robb was meant to be going heavy on Supercharger. Did he? no. And I dont know WHAT they did to their sound when they played in Sydney last year, but Davidian sounded like FUCKING SHIT. And i REALLY wanted to hear davidian live.

Y'know I get what you are saying. I went to see them
at the Fillmore and I said to myself, well yes I must sit
through the new songs, but at least I can hear the old
material- Burn My Eyes and The More Things Change.
The new songs weren't that bad, also not that good,
but they turned Davidian into a rap-metal song and I
felt betrayed since Burn My Eyes was a real-deal
thrash Metal album. Like something sacred was blasphemized.

-OfficerNice.

Originally posted by Deadly Embrace
t..........but the European's eat them up......they can do no wrong, over there.............I seen them get the best response from a 100,000 people strong............at a couple summer Festivals......but they do play a heavier set over their.

Only new and trendy kids though ... i remember some day i borrowed Burn my eyes to a friend of mine at school and another guy would go ..." hey machine head ..cool ! but i dont like that album "...

nothing worse than rumors to pick up album sales, I will believe it when I hear it. Plus, I hate when a band starts to change the styles of their older songs live as if they are "bored" to play their best material the way it was intended to be played.

Originally posted by inflamer
Only new and trendy kids though ... i remember some day i borrowed Burn my eyes to a friend of mine at school and another guy would go ..." hey machine head ..cool ! but i dont like that album "...

This is exactly why I fucking hate it when Metal bands
"Turn" and flip on over to the commercial market sellout side.
I remember when dudes would say "I love And Justice for All
but I don't like Kill Em All" or "I love And Justice for All
but I don't like Master of Puppets" .....Metal isn't for
everybody and when it is, It's either a big mistake or it's
inferior crap ( like Metallica's Load/ReLoad )
Now they're doing it with Machine Head. Burn My Eyes
is a classic.

-OfficerNice.

MACHINE HEAD are continuing to write material for their fifth studio album, which is not expected to surface until late 2003 at the earliest. About 14 songs have been finished musically, with the band having recently demoed 12 of them in rough form.

"People keep asking, what's the new stuff like? Is the new stuff good?" guitarist/vocalist Robert Flynn wrote in the latest installment of his online "diary". "It's a tricky question. On the one hand, you can take the humble approach, and, regardless of how good you think it is (if you do), you basically kinda lie, and go, 'Oh, it's just pretty good.' On the other hand, you can basically be honest (if you believe in it), and say, 'Yeah, I think it's really, really good,' then look like an A%#hole, for tooting your own horn. I usually opt for the latter because, while I don't necessarily want to look like an a#%hole (though sometimes I don't need to try), honesty without arrogance just feels more right to me.

"Don't quite know why the writing is going so good," the singer continued. "Maybe it's the fact that, it's the three longest standing members of any of our line-ups writing everything, or maybe it's the fact that we're SO bored with music these days, that we just want to hear some f#&king EPIC songs. Maybe it's all the sunshine from the Indian Summer we're having here in Northern California that is just so damn rad! Or, maybe it's the fact that the three of us have a chip on our combined shoulders, that's bigger than the God Damn Rock of Gibraltar. Whatever it is, this just might be the best thing this band has ever done. Period.

"And ......the classic, full-on, 'MH Wall Of Guitars™' is back, in a BIG way. We've busted out 'The' 5150 from the 'More Things Change' era, and the metal is flowing like molten hot lava.

"In other news, I keep hearing rumors, well, more like cryptic messages from Jason [Newsted]'s 'people' about this QUARTETO DE PINGA jam [featuring Flynn, Newsted, SEPULTURA guitarist Andreas Kisser, and EXODUS drummer Tom Hunting] getting released thru Jason's label. As far as I'm concerned, nothing is getting released.

"Live album is getting mixed in early Nov., released in early Feb. We want YOU, the MH diehards to name it!!!!! Contest coming soon. MACHINE HEAD is also making a video for the song 'The Burning Red', shot live at the With Full Force festival in front of 20,000 Maniacal Machine Headerz. That will coincide with the release of the live CD, and should go to MTV in Jan., as well as coming out on a 'limited' amount of CDs as a CD-ROM."

and the metal is flowing like molten hot lava.

That's what Robb says.
I really hope that he's decided to come back to reality
and make real-bay-area-thrash again.

-OfficerNice....the next member of Voivod

Turner, Spawn, where abouts in Sydney are you guys from?

I was there last year too, front of the pit. It was pretty fucking hilarious to watch Slayer come on after MH and just totally fucking blow them off the stage. hahahaha. MH sure did sound like ass. Especially the 1 guitar version of Old.... whatthefuck?

Im out near the blue mountains.

Slayer DID blow MH off the stage, but Slayer do that to everyone, I thought Machinehead were great, even if that fuckhead guitarist that left was just standing there looking like he was stoned. The bass player (Adam?) on the other side of the stage was going off!

Originally posted by spawn
Im out near the blue mountains.

I thought Machinehead were great, even if that fuckhead guitarist that left was just standing there looking like he was stoned. The bass player (Adam?) on the other side of the stage was going off!

Ahrue right? He didnt have much of a presence.
On Guitar, On Stage....
But he followed MC Robb E Robb Flynn's dictatorshit.

I'll reiterate what that post above stated:

LOGAN! LOGAN! LOGAN! LOGAN!

-OfficerNice...The next member of Voivod

I thought Logan fit MH, like a glove, but bands are like a marriage,
sometimes you have to chop off your finger, to get rid of the ring......................I did see Rob last night at VIO-LENCE, he was dressed up like a devil(red face & horns), but had a red 3 piece pimp suit, with a furry red brim hat, & a bunch of gold pimp necklaces, around his neck, he was in a great mood, & had one of the best costumes in the club...................

I was so saddened when machine head started to go downward. I remember seeing them open for slayer when it was still one of the toughest bills to open up and they stood up to all the evil slayer fans who would boo anything that opened for slayer. That impressed me. I will still believe it when I hear it.

OH my Robb at a vio-lence show, it is a small step.

Ahrue! Thats him. He looked like he was about to fall asleep :mad:

They just need a guitarist who WANTS to play some heavy stuff and they will be ok :D Im looking forward to the next album, Robb recently asked the people on his website what they wanted from the next MH album, it ended up being about 10 pages long or something and everyone said more like TMTC and BE, so that bodes well :D