Has Anyone heard the new Machine Head Songs?

Originally posted by Deadly Embrace
I thought Logan fit MH, like a glove, but bands are like a marriage,
sometimes you have to chop off your finger, to get rid of the ring......................

That's a great analogy. I still think tossing Logan was
the worst decision and Robb is a big spoiled brat. Doing
things MC Robb E Robb's way led to shit music like that
dogload called "Supercharger"

Sigh. I'll never get over that I spose.

I did see Rob last night at VIO-LENCE,

Wow! I have 2 comments: 1. maybe he's starting to wise up.
2. His punk ass shoulda been onstage with his ex-bandmates
3. Was his entourage with him?

RIP JMJ

-OfficerNice....the next member of Voivod

Originally posted by spawn
Ahrue! Thats him. He looked like he was about to fall asleep :mad:

What a winner! More like Loser!
Logan was the shit. Medication is a suckass band.
Logan and Robb should make amends and get the REAL
Machine Head back together.

They just need a guitarist who WANTS to play some heavy stuff and they will be ok :D Im looking forward to the next album, Robb recently asked the people on his website what they wanted from the next MH album, it ended up being about 10 pages long or something and everyone said more like TMTC and BE, so that bodes well :D

I'd love to think Robb will listen. But he did sell out.

RIP JMJ

I don't think Robb "got rid of Logan" so to speak...

Logan pretty much (during the The More Things Change tour) started to act a little "weird". The whole rock star life really got to him. At the end of the tour the band was planning on writing the new material, and Logan had other ideas. He was going to go off on tour with Rob Zombie or some shit, anyway Robb and MH didn't want that... they wanted to keep going strong with MH. Logan eventually told Robb and the band that he was "bigger" than Machine Head, and that MH was just a "steeping stone" for him. Apparently he had bigger plans and MH was just some little thing for him.

So Robb and co told him to fuck off. I would too.

That was pretty harsh of him to say. Logan and Adam had been friends for years. To turn around and tell his best friend that he and the band he formed with him was just a "stepping stone" and he was "bigger" than they were, was pretty gay.

I hope Medication wasn't his "big plans".....

Originally posted by OfficerNice
I'd love to think Robb will listen. But he did sell out.

It wasnt just Robb, it was all of them, and everyone makes mistakes, im not bothered, as long as they write a great album :D I thought Supercharger was terrible, but im not ready to bury them yet :)

I am pretty sure he will be heading in a more aggressive direction anyway, the melodic stuff just isnt working, they know that as much as we do :)

Originally posted by LegionsOfTheDead
I don't think Robb "got rid of Logan" so to speak...

Logan pretty much (during the The More Things Change tour) started to act a little "weird". The whole rock star life really got to him. At the end of the tour the band was planning on writing the new material, and Logan had other ideas. He was going to go off on tour with Rob Zombie or some shit, anyway Robb and MH didn't want that... they wanted to keep going strong with MH. Logan eventually told Robb and the band that he was "bigger" than Machine Head, and that MH was just a "steeping stone" for him. Apparently he had bigger plans and MH was just some little thing for him.

...I read this in Metal Hammer UK.

So Robb and co told him to fuck off. I would too.
That was pretty harsh of him to say. Logan and Adam had been friends for years. To turn around and tell his best friend that he and the band he formed with him was just a "stepping stone" and he was "bigger" than they were,

....I read this in Metal Hammer.

I think there's more to the story. Remember:
1. believe half of what you hear and none of what you see.
2. There's 3 sides to every story.

RIP JMJ

It wasnt just Robb, it was all of them, and everyone makes mistakes, im not bothered, as long as they write a great album :D I thought Supercharger was terrible, but im not ready to bury them yet :)

Me thinks more or less all decisions come down to MC Robb.
He's known to be like that.
My 2 cents.

I am pretty sure he will be heading in a more aggressive direction anyway, the melodic stuff just isnt working, they know that as much as we do :)

Whew! Thank God for that. Least now there won't be
Supercharger Part 2.

RIP JMJ

Me thinks more or less all decisions come down to MC Robb.
He's known to be like that.
My 2 cents.

[/B]

That just makes the other 3 huge fucking girls, they went along with it so as far as im concerned that means they wanted to do it also, if they really were against it, they could have quit :D

That just makes the other 3 huge fucking girls, they went along with it so as far as im concerned that means they wanted to do it also, if they really were against it, they could have quit :D

Maybe it does make them "huge fucking girls" if I'm right.
Most people know Robb Flynn to be controlling.
He admitted it.
Maybe guys like McClain and Duce are decent musicians,
just want to be successful and want to go along for the
ride. Maybe. Logan may have been a rock star but I met
the guy at MH and Soulfly shows. Was always cool to me.
Robb Flynn usually can't be bothered to leave his posse
of white MC-Hammer gangsters. Yes, I'm biased.
All I know in the end, the music suffered.
As a fan, that's what I hate to see most, the music suffer.

"Keep It Metal" -jasonic, voivod

RIP JMJ

-OfficerNice...the next member of Voivod

Hopefully the next album will be so good we will forget all about Supercharger and to a lesser extent TBR :D

I just saw him twice in one week, once at Vio-Lence, dressed as "Satan's Pimp"(Staight From Him). He came alone, even though he was a little sick. And he had no attitude & was enjoying himself at his first Vio-Lence show, since he left the band(he also told me that).
Just ran into him again yesterday at The Raider Game, he had on 81 Tim Brown's jersey, with a Raider hat. He again, was alone, no posse present & again hung out with us, & bullshited as guys do. And again, no attitude, just a regulsr football fan wanting to see his team beat up the 49ers.
And I did not ask any music questions of him, on either occasion,
I learned over the years, that when band members are out having fun, & your with them, the last thing they want to do is have to answer alot of question's, like their at some interview. If they bring it up, then its fair game. But if not, talk about anything but music & their band. You get to know them for the person they are behind the music, & thats better than trying to know the Rock Star.

Interesting. Maybe the ego has calmed...

I'll give shorty the benefit of the doubt.
But he immediately gets slagged for not joining
VioLence at TOTT.

Thanks for the update DE.

-OfficerNice...the next member of Voivod

Hi Guys....I'm new, I've been a regular poster on the MH board for about 5 years now....finally got my ass over here...

Anyway...Robb tried something, and it didn't really work. I myself have been a fan of the band for about 7 years now. And though I don't think Supercharger was horrible, it certainly doesn't hold up to TMTC or BME...

I have a feeling a new MH is going to emerge out of the drama that's gone on over the past 6-8 months....there's a fire within them now to shut up the naysayers with something heavy and more to their roots...

I hope so, they're my favorite fuckin' band and Robb's vox are one of my main influences, he always sounds like he's spitting pure venom when he screams....

DaNk

But he immediately gets slagged for not joining
VioLence at TOTT.

As far as I know, he wanted to but couldn't because Roadrunner forced him to finish up the mix of Supercharger. He sent Adam Duce and a check instead.

Originally posted by DaNkinator
Robb's vox are one of my main influences, he always sounds like he's spitting pure venom when he screams....

Damn straight! He has an awesome voice! :headbang:

Anyway...Robb tried something, and it didn't really work. I myself have been a fan of the band for about 7 years now. And though I don't think Supercharger was horrible, it certainly doesn't hold up to TMTC or BME...

DaNk [/B]

I think Supercharger was a horrible piece of shit considering
Robb's roots.

Just my opinion.

-Keep it Metal.

-OfficerNice

I downloaded that Supercharger album, and god damn I think I would rather listen to distrurbed or some shit like that there was 1 good song, i deleted the whole album- shit is too kind a word.

Originally posted by Haunted/Hated
As far as I know, he wanted to but couldn't because Roadrunner forced him to finish up the mix of Supercharger. He sent Adam Duce and a check instead.

Yep, I remember. I was there.

-OfficerNice.

Just out of curiousity, have any of you heard Technocracy? It's Phil Demmel's band...

DaNk :Smokedev:

Yeah, I saw them play at the Maritime before the joint
closed. Testament and Agent Steel were on the bill too.
It's cool. They'll get it together and it'll be even more cool
Phil Demmels a cool dude. good musician.

-OfficerNice