Has anyone here seen Anathema in concert?

SoundMaster

Jan 20, 2002
"the flower & willow world"
Visit site
Good evening all,

I live in New York, a place that Anathema has never played (at least to my knowledge). Anyway, since I may NEVER have the opportunity to see this GREAT band in concert, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they're like live?!?!?

And what songs do they perform?

My ideal Anathama setlist ( in no particular order):
Eternity III
Cries on the Wind
Far Away
Fragile Dreams
Inner Silence
Regret
One Last Goodbye
Deep
Dont Look to Far
Wings of god
Release
Barriers
Panic
A Fine Day to Exit
Temporary Peace

Originally posted by SoundMaster
I live in New York, a place that Anathema has never played (at least to my knowledge). Anyway, since I may NEVER have the opportunity to see this GREAT band in concert, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they're like live?!?!?

Hehe, it's me again. I've seen Anathema twice in consecutive days, summer -99. And of course they were great. First of the shows was a club gig, and there was a huge audience (about 20 people :lol: ) but they played amazingly. Second one was an outdoor festival gig. Can't really remember which songs they played, but I recall they played Metallica's Orion as a cover.

Luckily all the bands I (and you?) like seem to come in Finland every now and then....you should move in here! :D

They have only played in the United States twice, both at the Milwalkee Metal fest, 2000 and 2001. I was able to see them in 2000, the first time they played here. I showed Vinny this homemade shirt i had and we started talking. I walked around and drank beer with him for probably over an hour. It was awesome, he was cool as a MF.