Has Dan been approched to replace Peter in Opeth?

That would be the most awesome thing to ever happen in Opeth's history, but I don't think it's gonna happen. Especially since they already have a replacement ;)

If the Earth's orbit around the sun got a little wider and days turned to 48hrs it would seem possible, but he couldn't possibly have the time for Opeth when he's already got so much going right now.

Cool thought, but just the idea of me having to learn, and remember one of Mike´s riffs gives me the creeps!! The writing from that man is insane and far away from my "pop-ideal" riffing. I think Mike is happy to have Åkesson on board. I know they used to practise together a bit and probably know each other and their playingstyles really well. I wouldn´t mind to jump onboard and co-produce an Opeth song sometime, but sometimes 2 Alpha-males in one room....naaah...that compromize often stinks!!

but like always, never say never :)

off to Germany to see Tankard and Spocks Beard. At the same gig!! Maybe Nightingale team up with Dark Funeral the next time??? :)

How about if Nightingale tours with Opeth in the United States? =D

And yes, it would be great if Dan did some producing on an Opeth album again.

Dan Swanö;6197221 said:
Cool thought, but just the idea of me having to learn, and remember one of Mike´s riffs gives me the creeps!! The writing from that man is insane and far away from my "pop-ideal" riffing. I think Mike is happy to have Åkesson on board. I know they used to practise together a bit and probably know each other and their playingstyles really well. I wouldn´t mind to jump onboard and co-produce an Opeth song sometime, but sometimes 2 Alpha-males in one room....naaah...that compromize often stinks!!

but like always, never say never :)
Hehe. I bet the whole 18 months straight touring part doesn't sound so fun either. ;)

I'd love to see some more projects with both of you in the future though. :)

Dan Swanö;6197221 said:
off to Germany to see Tankard and Spocks Beard. At the same gig!! Maybe Nightingale team up with Dark Funeral the next time??? :)
Wow! Tankard still exist? Lucky you. Have fun! :)

*humming on "Space Beer"*

a Sörskogen album would make me real fucking happy.

I think Dan needs to form a new constant death metal band where he'd be the alpha male...
before 2003 there was the nightingale dan, the unicorn dan, the EoS dan and the bloodbath dan.

Dan has burried EoS and was let go from bloodbath so it seems he has no death metal project where he's dominant
I know there's Demiurg but it's still a Rogga project...Dan said so himself