Since Mike Wead and Dan seem to be good friends....

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
I think we all know who Mike Wead is... He's an amazing producer, great guitar player/songwriter. A complete musician. He played leads on Crimson II. Some of the bands he's been in are Candlemass, King Diamond, Mercyful Fate, Abstrakt Algebra, Memento Mori, Hexenhaus... etc. He's also working as a producer on Memory Garden's upcoming release from what Dan told me in an email back a few months ago.

Anyway, I am listening to Hexenhaus as I type this. I have got three of their albums but can't say I love them all except their last release Dejavoodoo (1997) which I consider a fantastic progressive/technical etal album with subtle thrash overtones. Their first two releases are more straightforward thrash metal in a Mike Wead-oriented way. Dejavoodoo on the other hand is a killer disc with perfect production, amazing performance and songwriting. Somehow it sounds to me as the most focused Hexenhaus album of the three I own.

I know Hexenhaus is currently on hold or they may even be disbanded. While this may be nothing but wishful thinking, I believe it would be more than amazing to see Mike Wead and Dan working together on a new Hexenhaus release. It could be like Mike puts the band together with either the original members or new musicians and gets Dan to do the lead vocals. Or if Dan's schedule permits, they could write songs together. This way Dan would have put his mark on a complete heavy prog album with thrash hints here and there. I for one know his voice on this record would shine. No offense to this singer though. He's amazing! I've never heard of him before. His name is Thomas Lundin and I don't know if he's in another band now or anything but I just feel it would be cool to hear Dan on such an album.

Any comments, Dan? :)