Has Dan listened to the new Iron Maiden CD?

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
I don't really know what Dan thinks of Maiden and if he was ever a fan of them, be it with Di'Anno, Dickinson or Bayley; but I just bought their new release Dance of Death this afternoon and am playing it for the first time as I type this. I hear somewhat of a Brave New World on it, but it's too early to make a final judgement yet. I do like what I've heard though, as I happen to like every Maiden release with Bruce on it.

I was wondering what Dan, another godly singer in my books, thinks of Bruce's voice, musicianship and the band Iron Maiden.

Dance of Death is great imho. I dare even say I think its their best since Seventh Son... The albums since have been far to plain for me, especially Fear of the Dark and the Blaze albums - booooring! Brave New World was a tiny return to form but still to close to the Blaze and FotD sound. Decent but nothing more. DoD sounds like a blend of old school Maiden (Piece of Mind, Powerslave, Somewhere in Time) with some Brave New World-esque elements added to me....Good shit!!

Personally I think BnW was a killer album, one of their finest IMO. DoD is not at all as good, it feels as if they decided to just release a bunch of mostly mediocre tunes and live off of the BnW-hype for a while longer. A pity really, the album should have been much better.