Has the Zombie Apocalypse wiped out Ultimate Metal?

I'm gonna take a guess and say the fact Anthrax got back with Joey and did the Big 4 have put a downer on Billy's ranting, which is why this place is dead.

To be fair though, the Anthrax album, was IMO, shit, and their board is just as dead as a result.

So, everyone's a fuckin loser.

Or maybe he doesn't give a rat's ass like he did seven years ago anymore. I wouldn't call it "shit" but to be honest it's nothing mind-blowing either, no matter the troo fans seems to be all over the moon about it.

What's the matter?

a lot of bad turns.
i totaled 2 cars in a six month time frame. neither accident was my fault. the first was on Aug. 25th. i was waiting to make a left hand turn and a little girl driving a 2005 Mustang w/$2000 rims, apparently dropped a soda in her floorboard, bent to get it and hit me from behind, doing about 50 mph. it cut my little car in half, basically.
she was very apologetic and i couldnt get mad. in fact, i spent most of the time waiting on the police to get there, her daddy, etc... trying to console her and assure her i wasnt hurt, it was an old car, everything would be ok, etc...

i hated losing that car. it was old. i'd got it new in 2000 and it had a bit over 265,000 miles on it. it had carried me to MANY shows, over the years, but this was it. no way to save it.

in September i got a new [used, actually, a 2010 Hyundai Accent, but new to me] car.

on February 24th, i was driving home from school and a lady in a PT Cruiser pulled out from a stop sign and right into my path. i had ZERO chance to avoid her. i T-boned her doing about 45 mph.

the airbags deployed, i was trapped in the car, messed up my left knee, twisted up my neck, my lower back and 'displaced' my hips.
i spent some time in the hospital, was on crutches for a bit, and to this day, i'm still in constant pain. the hip situation isnt resolved and it's going to take more medical care in the future to try and get back to some normalcy.
meanwhile, the woman who pulled in front of me tried to tell the cops she had the right of way [they assured her she didnt and charged her with failure to yield right-of-way to avoid a collision]. her insurance company refused to talk to me after the accident, so i got a lawyer.

now, everything is tied up in litigation. i dont have a car. i'm in pain. there was further fall-out in my school life because my grades suffered as a result of everything following the wreck. i struggled to get my grades back up and was right where i needed to be until the final exam. it was made unnecessarily hard [nobody passed it], and it was bad enough to destroy my average, putting me out of the class until January. i was 2 months away from graduation and now i have to wait and start over, which means i have to go through a whole semester of incredible stress [something that actually had my heart having irregular contractions], all over again.

in the meantime, i'm stuck at home, no car, in pain, broke [unemployed right now] and just in a pathetic mood.
:cry:

a lot of bad turns.
i totaled 2 cars in a six month time frame. neither accident was my fault. the first was on Aug. 25th. i was waiting to make a left hand turn and a little girl driving a 2005 Mustang w/$2000 rims, apparently dropped a soda in her floorboard, bent to get it and hit me from behind, doing about 50 mph. it cut my little car in half, basically.
she was very apologetic and i couldnt get mad. in fact, i spent most of the time waiting on the police to get there, her daddy, etc... trying to console her and assure her i wasnt hurt, it was an old car, everything would be ok, etc...

i hated losing that car. it was old. i'd got it new in 2000 and it had a bit over 265,000 miles on it. it had carried me to MANY shows, over the years, but this was it. no way to save it.

in September i got a new [used, actually, a 2010 Hyundai Accent, but new to me] car.

on February 24th, i was driving home from school and a lady in a PT Cruiser pulled out from a stop sign and right into my path. i had ZERO chance to avoid her. i T-boned her doing about 45 mph.

the airbags deployed, i was trapped in the car, messed up my left knee, twisted up my neck, my lower back and 'displaced' my hips.
i spent some time in the hospital, was on crutches for a bit, and to this day, i'm still in constant pain. the hip situation isnt resolved and it's going to take more medical care in the future to try and get back to some normalcy.
meanwhile, the woman who pulled in front of me tried to tell the cops she had the right of way [they assured her she didnt and charged her with failure to yield right-of-way to avoid a collision]. her insurance company refused to talk to me after the accident, so i got a lawyer.

now, everything is tied up in litigation. i dont have a car. i'm in pain. there was further fall-out in my school life because my grades suffered as a result of everything following the wreck. i struggled to get my grades back up and was right where i needed to be until the final exam. it was made unnecessarily hard [nobody passed it], and it was bad enough to destroy my average, putting me out of the class until January. i was 2 months away from graduation and now i have to wait and start over, which means i have to go through a whole semester of incredible stress [something that actually had my heart having irregular contractions], all over again.

in the meantime, i'm stuck at home, no car, in pain, broke [unemployed right now] and just in a pathetic mood.
:cry:

OMG I'm very sorry to hear that. I know you've been working really hard to finish up school. I hope the insurance companies get things settled as quickly as possible for you. Do you plan on suing the idiot lady that pulled out in front of you?

I hope you feel better and can get back on your feet as quickly as possible.

OMG I'm very sorry to hear that. I know you've been working really hard to finish up school. I hope the insurance companies get things settled as quickly as possible for you. Do you plan on suing the idiot lady that pulled out in front of you?

I hope you feel better and can get back on your feet as quickly as possible.

thanks.
yup. i'm suing. when her insurance company refused to talk to me [hung up on me, even], i said, 'fine. you can talk to a lawyer] and i got a lawyer to handle it, right away.
it's all tied up now. the insurance company made an initial offer, but it was anorexic, at best. it would have covered what i'd put into the car and nothing more. the lawyers suggested i refuse and i did, so it's on with the waiting game until they come up with a better offer.

That sucks... but you are still not going to die. You were born a fighter, weren' you?

all my days. :headbang:

as it is, i'm not just sitting around and licking my wounds. i've got some downtime, so i'm making the most of it.
i've started a project. i'm writing again. it's not like the album reviews and interviews i used to do. i'm working on a book. i'm hoping to have enough of it finished to shop around to some literary agents by Summer's end.

we'll see how it goes.

What are you writing?

I'm not real comfortable talking about the content, right now, since it's in the early stages. I can say it's faith-based. It's nothing like what I've ever done before. I'll let you all know how it pans out.

I'm not real comfortable talking about the content, right now, since it's in the early stages. I can say it's faith-based. It's nothing like what I've ever done before. I'll let you all know how it pans out.

I've written sports articles before (and documents for my job), but not a book. I know it takes a lot of work to write a book and I give you a ton of credit for it. I hope all goes well with your book.

I sent you a message yesterday (not sure if you saw it yet).

I work as a journalist and many times have I started working on something bigger, but never actually had the strenght to finish it...well, maybe one day.

I work as a journalist and many times have I started working on something bigger, but never actually had the strenght to finish it...well, maybe one day.

sometimes it's just about finding the time to do it.

what's up with your sig line? what's Scott Ian whining about? is he trying to save face over the way he and Charlie screwed John Bush?

sometimes it's just about finding the time to do it.

what's up with your sig line? what's Scott Ian whining about? is he trying to save face over the way he and Charlie screwed John Bush?

No, this is actually his quote from 2009, the Sonisphere shows. You know, when Bush came to save their ass for a few shows so he was all over his nuts because of it. In a few months, everything was upside down and the other way around again.

No, this is actually his quote from 2009, the Sonisphere shows. You know, when Bush came to save their ass for a few shows so he was all over his nuts because of it. In a few months, everything was upside down and the other way around again.

aahhh... i cant even stand to see Scott Ian on TV, anymore. anytime i see him on a show my immediate reaction is to shout out, 'FRAUD!!'

Haha. I don't mind it and in fact occassionally listen to the new record. Media label it as their best, which definitely is not, they probably do it just to kiss their ass.

Hi Sue,

I read through all the stuff on the board here...WOW :( . I hope you are doing better. I should drop by more, this for all intents and purposes tends to be a bit more of an interesting read than the other board. I need to speed dial this one onto my browser.

Hope your writing is going well. I swear I have ADHD so it seems to make it really hard for me to focus on something like writing anything longer than college required material. The ideas come and go but rarely do they hit a keyboard or a piece of paper.

Anyway enough about me... I just wanted to say hi and hope that things are turning around for you.

Hi Sue,

I read through all the stuff on the board here...WOW :( . I hope you are doing better. I should drop by more, this for all intents and purposes tends to be a bit more of an interesting read than the other board. I need to speed dial this one onto my browser.

Hope your writing is going well. I swear I have ADHD so it seems to make it really hard for me to focus on something like writing anything longer than college required material. The ideas come and go but rarely do they hit a keyboard or a piece of paper.

Anyway enough about me... I just wanted to say hi and hope that things are turning around for you.

thanks, Ian. i'm doing ok, all things considered. i may even be getting a new car very soon.
the writing is moving along slower than i'd like, but i understand it's a process and i'm not trying to push it, just to get words to print. i write when i feel inspired.

good to see you!

thanks, Ian. i'm doing ok, all things considered. i may even be getting a new car very soon.
the writing is moving along slower than i'd like, but i understand it's a process and i'm not trying to push it, just to get words to print. i write when i feel inspired.

good to see you!

That's good news to hear that you might be getting a car soon. Are you feeling any better since the accident?

It looks like this site is officially dead! That sucks, it was fun while it lasted. It was fun talking with everyone on here. Take care!