Has there ever NOT been a sell-out?

Your numbers are actually a bit off because you must have counted 7 as a sellout(ah, close enough so never mind), but you did leave out 11, which means Kamelot has played 2 sold out festivals.

But your list brings up an interesting question. If you could pick one band at past PPs that you think put the most butts in seats, which would it be? My guess would be Stratovarius.

Justin is correct. If memory serves me correctly, we sold out 1, 3-9, 15, & now 16. We were only handful of tickets short on 10 & 11.

Years 12 & 13 were the toughest. In fact, I was ready to pull the plug after 14 (despite it being better than 13).

We have come full circle now and PPUSA 20 is the goal before we call it a day.

Noooo, why 20???

Here's hoping 20 is just a hypothetical "at-the-least" goal, and not a confirmed "WE'RE RETIRING AFTER THAT NO MATTER WHAT" haha

This is an interesting discussion, and I'm glad to hear Glenn is planning on doing this a few more years. I'm hopeful, of course, that he won't stop at PPXX, but at least we have a few years to encourage him to continue. :saint:

With that in mind, I have compiled the list of bands that have performed in sold out Progpower festivals. If any band appeared in more than one sold out PP, I made note of it as having that special sold out PP JuJu.

So, here are those bands with their frequency of appearances in sold out PP festivals next to them. (Note I am not counting any Wednesday or Thursday appearances.) As my theory goes, having one PP with most of these bands in it could result in a PP sellout in record time.

Zero Hour (3)
Reading Zero (2)
Evergrey (3)
Pain of Salvation (4)
Symphony X (2)
Edguy (2)
Angra (3)
Mercenary (3)
Pagan's Mind (2)
Stratovarius (2)
Riverside (2)
Jon Oliva's Pain (2)

Based on the data provided, I think it's pretty clear that we need to bring back PoS every year from now on to ensure sellouts. :) :lol:

Zero Hour (3)
Reading Zero (2)
Evergrey (3)
Pain of Salvation (4)
Symphony X (2)
Edguy (2)
Angra (3)
Mercenary (3)
Pagan's Mind (2)
Stratovarius (2)
Riverside (2)
Jon Oliva's Pain (2)

Did I miss Mercenary playing 2 more times than the 1 time they did? I only say this because I am a huge fan and they have not played since the big line-up changes....which they DEFINITELY need to be invited back, but they did not play more than once that I am aware of. I assume Mercenary on this list should be a different band who has played three times.

GLENN BRING MERCENARY BACK!!!!!

Did I miss Mercenary playing 2 more times than the 1 time they did? I only say this because I am a huge fan and they have not played since the big line-up changes....which they DEFINITELY need to be invited back, but they did not play more than once that I am aware of. I assume Mercenary on this list should be a different band who has played three times.

Mercenary played twice - IV and VII.

Yeah, I'm kicking myself for not starting to go to ProgPower a year earlier. I'm hoping I didn't miss my only opportunity to see Pretty Maids in the USA.

Unfortunately you probably did. They were the only reason I started going. I knew about the fest before but I just never gave serious thought to going until then.

Yeah, I'm kicking myself for not starting to go to ProgPower a year earlier. I'm hoping I didn't miss my only opportunity to see Pretty Maids in the USA.

I believe that is their ONLY time to ever play in the US.

Unfortunately you probably did. They were the only reason I started going. I knew about the fest before but I just never gave serious thought to going until then.

I seriously thought about it, but spending the money to fly all the way from the west coast wasn't a commitment that I was willing to make at the time. I've also become even more of a Pretty Maid fan since that time. Given another opportunity, I won't make that mistake again.

From reading the forum, it sounds like they were a huge hit, so maybe there is hope for them coming back. Although I seem to remember reading something Glenn wrote saying he will never work again with their road manager, so maybe we need to hope they change road managers if there is any hope for a return.

If you absolutely need to see Pretty Maids (twice), grab a ticket for 70k 2015

I don't see them listed in the lineup. But it wouldn't matter anyway. I'm already committed to going to Mexico City to see Edguy/Hammerfall/Gotthard, plus Hardcore Superstar in LA at the same time as 70K, plus Monsters of Rock Cruise, plus ProgPower USA. My wife would leave me if I added fifth concert trip.

Oops you're right. Good catch. Glenn cover for me here ok? Bring em back so we can make it three. :D