Hate Crew Deathroll!!!

MURAI said:
What are they anyway? I've heard people label them as power metal but it sounds more like melodic/gothenburg metal to me. Is it just me or most of these melo-death bands really gets on my nerves.
IMO they are a power metal band with harsh vocals. They don't sound much like a Gothenburg band to me, except for maybe the vocals on their other CDs; they don't really have those Gothenburg twin guitar harmonies or Iron Maidenesque riffage.

Degenerate Machinery said:
it's alright in my opinion. alexi rips off a bunch of riffs on that album, and yea those are some really cheesy song titles. Lil blood red riding hood? hahahahahah

Haha, I noticed that Bodom Beach Terror's intro sounds a LOT like Carcass' Corporeal Jigsore Quandary (sp). Funny stuff.

The Trou-Peur said:
Yeah, you prefer some hardcore brutal stuff to listen along your japscat vids with the pseudo-innocent chink gals.
:lol: :lol: Fuck that's funny.

anonymousnick2001 said:
At least melo-death actually sounds like music...

Oops, did I say that out loud?
Sounds to me bands like In Flames and their ilk are trying their hardest to put in cheesy melodies in metal and it doesn't work. Death metal bands from the Florida scene slays them anyday. I am not one of those metallers who think heavier=better by the way. I like brutal work if it is executed in a way I like it.

MURAI said:
Sounds to me bands like In Flames and their ilk are trying their hardest to put in cheesy melodies in metal and it doesn't work. Death metal bands from the Florida scene slays them anyday. I am not one of those metallers who think heavier=better by the way. I like brutal work if it is executed in a way I like it.
Cheesy to you, catchy to me. Tomayto, Tomahto.

I respect your opinion.

I love COB. I honestly do. Alexi is an amazing guitarist, but if you want my honest opinion, Janne IS that damn band. I know he didn't have as much presence on HCD as he did on their prior albums, but that man is a fucking GOD.

Oh...

He's alright. I like Faith No More/Evergrey/Dream Theater/Symphony X 's keyboard players better. And Tuomas from Nightwish is pretty good too.

I love the album. I only have this one and Follow The Reaper from Children Of Bodom and honestly I have a very difficult time deciding which I like better. I believe I enjoy Follow The Reaper slightly more, but Hatecrew Deathroll is an incredible CD.