5 - Only the Strongest

6 - What I see I Despise

7 – Last Cut, Last Head

8 - Warhead

9 - Blankeyed

10. 500 Dead People

11. – Bark at the Moon

12. – Caught In A Mosh

HATESPHERE are really, in all reality, your typical thrash and death metal hybrid band. From what I have heard of the band before, they have gotten better with this new release, and have crafted some well thought out killer metal. HATESPERE can thrash it up with the best of them. Their range of style is something to be reckoned with. They really do blend the best of all worlds, mixing up technical ferocity with sheer energy of euro-death bands like THE HAUNTED, CARNAL FORGE, and the countless others in that field. The death metal influences are definitely worn on their sleeves, which makes a really nice transition into the melodic aspects the band uses. HATESPHERE really kick things off on the right foot with a really cool instrumental piece that just kicks the album off to a menacing start. “Deathtrip” comes next, and is a 2 minute opener that is fast and brutal. This next track, “Vermin” comes out of nowhere, and blows me away. This is one of those songs that you hear, and everything about it is perfect. This is definitely the defining song for the band, and everyone should at least give this song a chance. It just has the perfect blending of all the aspects the band really encompasses, and throws some new things into the mix with some clean vocals, and some god damn infectious guitar riffs. I’m also really fond of the really deep guttural vocals they use in parts of their songs. The rest of the album does seem to follow this same formula, and while they do try some different things, like slowing it down for some doom inspired riffs; most of it sounds the same, and that is actually a good thing. Finishing off the album are two cover songs that were included on an EP they released last year. They try their hands at OZZY’s “Bark At The Moon”, and ANTHRAX’s “Caught In A Mosh”. Although I am partial to ANTHRAX , and should love it much more than I do, they do a great job of bringing their own brand of intensity and rage to both of these songs. “Bark At The Moon” is really interesting as they have turned a rock radio staple into a very interesting sped up thrashed version that is at times unrecognizable.

They have created a great thrash/death album that will stand up to the test of time, and will poise these guys to the front of their scene. While it is definitely not the best I have ever heard, this will help propel this band even further. True, the album can get repetitive and somewhat generic at parts; this was easily overlooked by the sheer ferocity the band throws at you. Now, if I could only get over the name of the band. HATESPHERE.

Rating:7.5 /10