Hatesphere

hogan666

Mar 7, 2006
Mannheim, Germany
www.liquid-artz.com
Cheers...
yesterday I listened to Hatesphere at the TrafficJam-Festival in germany.
Never saw such a nice & precise band before with such a good humor.
They fuckin' blasted every band away and caliban & neaera aren't beginners. :kickass:

Love that band. Thats all :lol:

of course you like them, Jacob....you did the last album....great one by the way...musically and production wise....what did they/you used for the guitars? (amps,cabinets...etc)

Yeah, you did a fuckin great job. One of my favourite productions right now.

At the festival they used a Marshall JMP-1 pre with a Mesa poweramp and a Boss 19" rack-fx. Forgot the name. The orange one.
Thought they're playing 5150s. The bands with Engl's didn't sound that good / clear.

Cheers

hogan666 said:
Thought they're playing 5150s. The bands with Engl's didn't sound that good / clear.

Cheers

Amps don't make the sound, the players make the sound. If you have Pantera playing through Bon Jovi's gear, they'll sound like Pantera and vice versa ...

Of course the FOH engineer also has a big part in that ...

Ha ha, yeah, you're right. But I've followed these guys from the start and it's an amazing bunch!

Pepe uses a JMP-1 and a 2:90 live, but on all the albums I've worked on, we've used Mesa Dual Rectifier + Marshall Valvestate. This combination is great. But Peter is an amazing rhythm guitarist - one of the best I've ever worked with, and he'll make any amp sound great!

Cabs were Mesa Recto 4x12's with Vintage30 + a standard Marshall 1960 4x12.

We always track with guitars that have EMG81's. Last time (Sickness Within) it was Peters Schecter, I believe... On "The Killing EP" it was a LTD Viper with EMG81+89.

I have to buy their CD! I saw them 1.5 year ago and liked em + Jacob you're my fav producer at the moment!

I saw Hatesphere in February 2006 in Slagelse (town in Denmark) and I was totally blown away by their intense and ultra tight live performance. They delivered the best metal show I've experienced in a loooong time!