Haul since Sat!

Jim LotFP

The Keeper of Metal
Jun 7, 2001
Helsinki, Finland
www.lotfp.com
Opera IX- Call of the Woods
People- s/t (Napalm Death meets Miami Sound Machine... this first song anyway)
Dismember- Casket Garden
Julie Laughs No More- When Only Darkness Remains
Absu- Tara
Empyrium- Songs of Moors and Misty Fields
Empyrium- Where at Night the Wood Grouse Plays
In the Woods- Return to the Isle of Men
In the Woods- 3x7 On a Pilgrimage (for a band I never listen to I sure do have the full collection now)
Edge of Sanity- Until Eternity Ends (COMPLETE!!)
Esoteric- Metamorphogenesis
Your Shapeless Beauty- Terrorisms Spirituel Insoummision Complete

Absu?

We used to listen to Absu to laugh at the little high-pitched whines the vocalist would do.

I think the line went "I have found the sword of the forgotten OOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!"

:lol:

What's the Empyrium like? I ordered it simply because they have an ex member of Xysma amongst their ranks, but it hasn't arrived yet.

On a different note I got the Virgin Black CD this lunch time, and the 20 minutes I heard in the car has blown my head clean off my shoulders! Think Therion without the lumpen predictability, mixed with some great doomy metal and trip hop. Excellent vocals too. Overall it's pretty unique stuff. I think Hollenthon have a contender for album of the year. Roll on 5.30 so I can listen to the rest.

Lee B

Jim, then I don't understand this:

Edge of Sanity- Until Eternity Ends (COMPLETE!!) "

What do you mean by complete?
You see, I have this one so I was wondering...

Empyrium is very nice, I like their stuff. Hard to explain though.

Originally posted by gotham
I have Empyrian, Songs of Moors. It's very nice acoustic folk, but Tenhi is far superior IMO, as is Kvelds... Ulver. I'm not rushing to get further Empyrian though. A major complaint I have is that the album is a little more than 30 minutes long. It should've be classified as a MCD, for a lesser price.
Jim LOTFP: Get the two new maudlin of the Well.

You have to be talking about Where At Night The Wood Grouse Plays. That is the 30 minute, exclusively dark folk album. Older Empyrium, like Songs of Moors & Misty Fields (and the other album, can't remember the name), is actually doomy dark metal. Slow, mournful guitars and vocals, with some black metal shrieks thrown in for good measure.

About Maudlin of the Well...I just got Bath and Leaving Your Body Map yesterday. These two even more bizarre than their first album! I'm enjoying it, but it's gonna take some time to absorb.