Have you guys ever heard of this amazing band? (No Spam, Dont worry)

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
I was just searching for some new (new to me) prog metal bands and found this :

www.sylvan.de

Maybe you guys know them already, I don't know. I just discovered them and they sound fucking awesome. They sort of remind me of Pain of Salvation and Riverside in a way. It's really worth checking it out, hope you guys enjoy it...

[/B]They really are a good band, a little like a subdued Cea Serin, and definetly like Pain of Salvation. Evidently they played here in the States May 1st at the Rites of Spring Fest in Pa, so i guess they have a following here. Be on the lookout they are up and comers

So...as I download the mp3 clips off the Sylvan website, I was wondering what you guys thought about: when you're checking out a new band's music, would you rather have 1 or 2 full song mp3 files, or a bunch of 1 minute clips of all the songs? What's a better way to judge a band?

KingsGene said:
So...as I download the mp3 clips off the Sylvan website, I was wondering what you guys thought about: when you're checking out a new band's music, would you rather have 1 or 2 full song mp3 files, or a bunch of 1 minute clips of all the songs? What's a better way to judge a band?
I think if they have several 1 minute, or so, clips and throw in at least one full mp3, then you can get a pretty good idea of what the band sounds like. The ones I hate are the bands that give you a couple of 20-30 sec. samples and that's it. I realize they are not obligated to give you mp3's, but it is hard to judge, whether or not, you'll like a band based on a couple of really short samples.