Have you heard of SKYWINGS?

sh0kr0k

Jul 7, 2002
St. Paul, MN
www.myspace.com
I swear that I don't sit around listening to Japanese metal bands 24/7... I just think of you guys when I find a really cool one :D

SKYWINGS, for prog AND power fans. The second half of the song is my favorite, and I love the key solo just before the 4:00 mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like Olympos Mons with vocals I can't understand. I miss those guys; maybe this band can fill that void lol.

(I'm no power metal expert, but the song you posted sounds so much like "Through The Ice And Snow" by Olympos Mons, its creepy)

Not hearing Through the Ice and Snow at all, actually.

Japanese bands always blow me away with their intros, and then the vocals kick in.. ugh. Why do japanese singers all seem to have that same annoying style? Seems to cross genres too, I hear the same thing in Japanese pop. Do Japanese kids only learn to sing one way?

Skywings are great, and their song "Brightness (~Sky Anthem, pt. 3~)" is one of the best PM songs ever. Sure, the production values could have been better, but the song itself slays. It's anthemic and heartfelt and it's got a killer chorus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent thread. I saw a video of them via YouTube on the "related" page field. Very good stuff indeed. I love how a lot of Japanese power metal bands throw in the neoclassical homage to Yngwie. Killer tunes.