Hay guys, how do you like the new Amorphis?

Timmeth said:
I can't get into it..

it sounds so... generic

Haha, I'd call it anything but generic, this is the first album I've heard that combines catchy hard rock, melodic death metal and folky tunes so perfectly, but I've become a huge fanboy over this week :D

Listened to the album ~70 times already this week, I think it's more than most albums I've ever owned, only Moontower, Crimson and Suspended Animation Dreams have more plays.

madu said:
Haha, I'd call it anything but generic, this is the first album I've heard that combines catchy hard rock, melodic death metal and folky tunes so perfectly, but I've become a huge fanboy over this week :D

Listened to the album ~70 times already this week, I think it's more than most albums I've ever owned, only Moontower, Crimson and Suspended Animation Dreams have more plays.

It's generic. :tickled:

madu said:

I listened to a few MP3's and it jsut doesn't have that cool, unique Amorphis sound..

The album is fucking amazing. Way better than their more recent efforts. Seriously, I was completely blown away. Album of the year, or at least an extremely close contender.

Favorite track is "Perkele". "IIIIIIIII, IIII WOKE UP! THE GOD OF FIRE WOKE ME UP! AT THE EDGE OF BURNING GROUND!"