HEAD CONTROL SYSTEM just signed with The End

Sadguru

In my dream...
Jan 11, 2004
Canada, Québec
Awesome news, especially for Garm fans:

"The heavy groove/rock/metal act – comprised of Daniel Cardoso (ex-Sirius / Re:aktor) and Kristoffer Garm Rygg (Ulver / ex-Arcturus / Borknagar) – will serve up their infectious debut for THE END RECORDS titled Murder Nature on April 4th, 2006 and no doubt it'll shake some foundations.

The two behind Head Control System, the newly formed heavy groove/rock act exploring cinematic visuals, heavy riffs and melody, are no beginners within the world of music. Daniel Cardoso (ex-Sirius / Re:aktor) and Kristoffer Garm Rygg (Ulver / ex-Arcturus / Borknagar) exudes a powerful concoction of ideas, energy and uniqueness that can only come from experience.

"When I first approached Garm about working together I had SinDRomE in mind, a project where I was doing everything by myself and developing my own ideas and concepts," says Cardoso about the origins of HCS. "We had put out an EP with another singer and there was even a band lineup, but I accidentally started doing everything on my own and there was no real need of a full lineup. So when G. came in, we started developing the existing concept, which in the end turned into an altogether new concept.”

He adds, “I kind of felt bad that G. was putting so much effort into the band, but I never really had the chance to choose a name that he'd be totally comfortable with. So we both agreed on Head Control System, so maybe that was my way of making it officially our project, rather than just my 'solo' project.”

Murder Nature is HCS's first album, with the two madmen storming through an array of odds and ends in the course of 11 tracks, never really sitting still for more than a beat of a butterfly wing, lashing back at us with G.'s infectious vocals and the concussion-like rhythms of Cardoso. And you might even find yourself singing along from time to time. Hell yeah.

Cardoso openly admits that HCS is about girls and that "lots of guys will be listening to it in the closet". He says, "I'd hardly call it metal actually. It sounds heavy, yes, but I was recording it with a rock attitude and vibe." So buckle up, crank up the volume dial and let the music drive you till the cows come home.

HEAD CONTROL SYSTEM – Murder Nature
The End | TE064 | UPC: 654436006428 | April 4th, 2006 | Rock / Electronic

Tracklisting:

01. BABY BLUE
02. SKIN FLICK
03. MASTERPIECE [OF ART]
04. BLUNT INSTRUMENTAL
05. IT HURTS
06. WATERGATE
NO. SEVEN
08. KILL ME
09. WONDERWORLD
10. RAPID EYE MOVEMENT
11. FALLING ON SLEEP

Sounds Like: QOTSA; Tool; Alice In Chains; Faith No More.
MP3 online: http://media.theendrecords.com/HeadControlSystem_MurderNature_SkinFlick.mp3

Official HEAD CONTROL SYSTEM website: http://www.headcontrolsystem.com
Official Myspace.com account: http://www.myspace.com/spiralsektor"

Source: www.theendrecords.com

Erik said:
Bunch of fucking idiotic bullshit. How a man went from doing "Bergtatt" to shitty mainstream mallcore with lyrics about girls, with a straight face, is beyond me... and The End deserves nothing but contempt for signing shit like this, undoubtedly just because it has Garm on it. $$$.
lol

cthulufhtagn said:
hmmm...sounds pretty questionable but i'll reserve judgment till i get home and listen to that track
This song really makes me puzzled :confused:

You heard the song on purevolumme Erik?

see above. :loco:

i didn't get excited when i read that either, considering that those 4 bands sound pretty much nothing alike. i suppose one could draw comparisons to Alice in Chains and Queens because they are both heavily riff-based but ummm... that's like saying Rush and Vital Remains are the same because they have intricate drummers. lame.

JayKeeley said:
Oi, I thought you were going down the pub?
waiting for a dump to fully develop before i leave. :dopey:

ehhhh, i'm listening again and this isn't very good. i wouldn't mind hearing Garm in a pop-rock type atmosphere because i think his vocals are great but i can't take Pointless Riff bands. it's why i can't stand tripe like Linkin Pork, Saliva, et. al. because the guitars are just so uninteresting. fucking binary riffs 0010001010101010101001010101011111100000