heading to the studio today!

Emdprodukt

Member of Dude Castle 69
Jun 26, 2007
Kiel, Germany
finally we're going in the studio for 3 days. it's not much but we get it for free because it's some kind of pre-production test recording weekend. they want to see how they can work with us. the engineer is working with someone of sony atv who's interested in getting us on a label.

this is where we are going:

http://www.eikey-studio.com/

that's so exciting! Finally we'll record something that I don't have to worry about :heh:

really hope to bring you rawtracks for mixing purpose!!!

UPDATE:

Scroll down for video and pictures!

soooooooo :)

we finished recording at 3am in the morning after a 15 hours session. we finished one song in 2 days. I'm WASTED. Everything went great so far except for our drummer who had some trouble because it was the first time playing in a studio but we got some great takes. he had to bring his own set which is not in the best condition but did the job (it's a yamaha custom stage if I remember correctly)

we couldn't manage to get a decent sound out of the bass pod or the sansamp which has to do with the bass itself and our bassplayers playing. Eike will reamp it through a ampeg svt 2 pro + ampeg 6x10... so maybe that'll fix it.

we made some pictures and I think even a video or two but you'll have to wait a bit longer. sorry!

we got a crushing guitar tone using 2x sm57 (fredman) and one Audix I5 (i think) on my krank cabinet with v30's and my krank rev. I made some pictures of the micing so you can take a look at them the next few days.

our singer is called "mrs onetake" from now on. she did one AMAZING job. tell her what to sing and how to and she can do it. most stuff really worked from the first take. love her :)

I will get all the rawtracks and di-tracks. if someone needs something to play around with I will upload them.

We'll have the final mix/master in january and upload it instantly to our myspae profile and soundclick for you guys :)

so thanks for all your kind words. it was a great experience and I can't wait to record a full lenght... if someone is willing to pay it :heh:

ps.

Thanks Eike! You did a great job and I hope that you can forgive me for dropping some beer bottles. :)

yeah, we only had 2 days instead of three. one whole day was for drums, the other for guitars, bass and vocals. it's better to have one really good recorded song instead of too songs that are played "okay". so we tried not to focus too much on recording two songs. it's unbelivable how fast the time is passing by in the studio :)

one whole day was for drums,

I'm so glad you guys did it this way.
A lot of people seem to rush everything and try to do drums and other shit, but personally, anytime I do drums, I spend a whole day setting mics and getting the sounds and sometimes tracking, but I would rather do the whole next day of tracking, just so the drummer's rested and ready to go the whole time.

Excited about pics and vids!!!

actually we recorded drum the same day it got miced. time was running.

It was so funny when we miced up the amp. Eike said "okay, I will just mic it up and then we have to check what will be the best position and how we handle the phase". he miced it up, came into the mixing room. I played around while listening to the guitar through the monitor and he was like "wow. that was easy. this amp is amazing". some people say that the krank amps sound way better in combination with another amp... but we got a crushing tone out of it in my opinion. Eike told me he couldn't sleep last night because he was thinking about getting the krank rev :)

I can't wait for the final mix.

You guys really should check out eikes stuff. I allready told him he should get a member of this forum because he can provide lot's of great stuff. ah, razzee - he did the whole debut album for nuclear blast. I like the sound but I can't stand their singers clean vocals.

i WILL keep you guys updatet. I just have to wait to get the pictures and vids by tomorrow.

thanks for all you interest!

You guys really should check out eikes stuff. I allready told him he should get a member of this forum because he can provide lot's of great stuff. ah, razzee - he did the whole debut album for nuclear blast. I like the sound but I can't stand their singers clean vocals.

I know, the dvd comes with the special edition of the last album. Funny as hell dvd. It covers the recording of the album in eikes studio and some other things.

As promised I uploaded some pics for you guys!

cimg3621xm8.jpg

cimg3623ds5.jpg

cimg3645vl8.jpg

Lazy bitches...haha
cimg3653fo7.jpg

cimg3654wg6.jpg

cimg3655he1.jpg

cimg3656te5.jpg

you'll have to wait for the whole video but I uploaded a small clip of me recording some riffs. maybe you get an idea of the sound :)

Have a goooooood party tonight!

Last edited by a moderator: