Headphone amp

jesus69lol

Apr 13, 2007
What is a decent headphone amp in the $100-$200 range that I can use for monitoring and mixing late at night? I've heard here that the one thing behringer does right is headphone amps but given the general sentiment towards behringer I'm skeptical, any ideas anyone?

My old band had an entire PA rig made by Behringer, never once had a problem with it. My ADA-8000 works perfectly fine...I wouldn't use it for anything major, but I do use it via ADAT into my Saffire as an 8-channel preamp to run all of my triggers into so that I can save my good pre's for actual mics. Never had a problem with that either.

Last studio I worked at had a couple of Behringer tube compressors that were actually pretty decent. I always opted for the JoeMeek stuff we had, but I wasn't opposed to using the Behringers if I had to. Tue Madsen uses Truth monitors for mastering if I remember correctly.

Last but not least, my Bugera 333 is fucking awesome and I love it. Haven't had a problem yet, lots of compliments though :)

~006

Yeah those are pimp man. I have been considering one myself since now I have a Saffire with enough outputs for that.

~006