HEART's ANN WILSON Pays Tribute To CHRIS CORNELL With 'Black Hole Sun' Performance On...

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
HEART singer Ann Wilson paid tribute to Chris Cornell by performing a cover version of the SOUNDGARDEN classic "Black Hole Sun" during an appearance on last night's (Thursday, May 19) episode of "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" Cornell apparently committed suicide by hanging on Wednesday night (May 18) after SOUNDGARDEN played a show in Detroit. He was 52 years old. Ann Wilson and her sister and HEART bandmate Nancy Wilson both issued statements on Thursday honoring their late friend. "It's important now to keep thoughts of Chris positive," Ann wrote. "He is on his way. We loved him well, now wish him well on his journey. He was and is a beautiful soul." Nancy added: "No one is ever prepared to hear about a death in the family. And today Chris Cornell my brother from my Seattle music family is gone. I thought his voice would forever grace the world of music. Devastating." Cornell's family issued a statement Friday questioning whether his death by hanging was intentional and if "substances contributed to his demise."

Continue reading...