heathen crusade 3!!!

By the way, in the past they've had Primordial, Moonsorrow, Thyrfing, and the Chasm. If you haven't heard of those bands you must live under a fucking rock or something.

That's the thing that struck me here though. Folk/pagan metal isn't a HUGE forte of mine, but I've always recognized about half the names on the lineups in the past. I'm totally lost this time. Granted, it's only the first three completely confirmed acts and there's plenty of time for any major announcements, but still.

Who cares what their popularity is, myspace tracks, if ur not sure download albums and then if u want to buy the albums. Only the promoter should give a shit how popular the bands on his fest are :p

:lol:

I'm sure they'll put some more headline-y bands, but...yeah, wtf.
Those are not the headliners, as stated by the promoters. Those are simply the first confirmed bands. Headliners are coming... (I'm thinking Ensiferum, Arkona or Korpiklaani if I had to guess at some big names)

I have CDs from all those bands and while all three groups are merely 'okay', these are all bands in a genre of metal that I absolutely adore and I can garner enjoyment out of almost any band playing this style, especially in a live situation. These bands have never played North America before. Needless to say, I plan to attend no matter what.

I know they're not headliners, I said they'll put on more headline-y bands as in bands who are more suited to headlining. I see where you misunderstood though.

Just for anyone interested, they have set a deadline for Sponsorships(head to the Heathen Crusade Sub-Forum for information, sponsors from 100-1k I think) which is APRIL 30th and he also has said they are OK with repeat bands, and there has been alot of praise for Primordial which would be fucking orgasmic if they come back.

Woods of Ypres and Nechochwen (Dark Horizon Records) have been confirmed for the Heathen Crusade Metalfest.
~gR~