HEATHEN CRUSADE has folded

J-Man

Old as Yoda
Jan 11, 2005
Texas
Kris Kubsch and John McGovern, organizers of St. Paul, Minnesota's Heathen Crusade festival, have released the following statement:

"Myself [John] and Kris have to announce the ending of the Heathen Crusade festival. We can no longer run this fest right now. This economy has hurt everyone and we can not afford to keep this afloat. We would like to thank all of the bands who have performed at all of the Heathen Crusade fests and all of the fans who have attended this event, and last but not least, Steve from Station 4 and everyone who has helped us out. We would have loved to keep this event moving. But you never know."

Heathen Crusade 3 festival was held November 14-15, 2008 at Station 4 in St. Paul, Minnesota. It included performances by METSATOLL, WOODS OF YPRES and MOONSORROW, among others.

I've never attended that fest, but have friends who have. They have all said it was a well run fest, a great experience, and gave them the opportunity to see bands they would typically never get a chance to see.

Hopefully in time the situations might improve to a point where Kris and John can give it another go.

Britt

That's a shame. I never understood how it could work as it was. Lots of european folk bands, moderate attendance, sponsors not fulfilling agreements...

But now that folk metal is touring the US, they'd face similar problems as ProgPower. Anybody they get that is a drawer will be touring.