Heathen Crusade

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
I just read that Withering Soul and Earthen (new band featuring former ND bassist Mike), have both been added to this years Heathen Crusade.

Seems like Withering Soul have been having some good luck lately with getting on big gigs.

I never even heard of Earthen. I thought Mike was doing Dissinter full time.

Mike's new project is cool, it's female fronted dark folkish doomy blackened rock/metal.....I dunno it's hard to describe but I think there's definitely a crowd for it that will appreciate what they're doing. It's worth checking out.

The bill for Heathen Crusade is really interesting this year. I'm getting more and more inclined to go. I wish we were playing again. Maybe next time.

Yeah, they get an interesting mix of bands.
And best of all for you guys, NO POWER METAL!!!! :lol:
Actually, given the amount of US festivals with prog, power, and trad metal, it makes sense.

would love to go to this!! being the complete heathen I am. in minnesota right? I'll never get there. I have a hard time getting out of my apartment, let alone gettin' on a plane. oh well, maybe next time.

full lineup:
BAL-SAGOTH (England)
DARK FOREST (Canada)
EARTHEN (Illinois)
GREY SKIES FALLEN (NY)
GWYNBLEIDD (NY)
HORDES OF YORE (Portugal)
MAEL MORDHA (Ireland)
MÅNEGARM (Sweden)
MANETHEREN (MN)
OBTEST (Lithuania)
RUDRA (Singapore)
SHROUD OF BEREAVEMENT (NH)
SKYFORGER (Latvia)
SLOUGH FEG (CA)
VESPERIAN SORROW (TX)
VREID (Norway)
WILL OF THE ANCIENTS (Canada)
WITHERING SOUL (IL)

Slough Feg rules! I really need to get some of their stuff.
I saw them at the Alehorn of Power Festival this year.
Great live band.

I haven't heard VREID yet, though I know it is all the surviving members of WINDIR, so should be good.

First I want to thank all of you for the kind words you all have been saying about the Heathen Crusade, both the first one and the upcoming second edition! In this thread and others in this forum. We thank you very much!

And I especially want to say thanks for all the incredibly cool things that the guys of Novembers Doom have had to say about their participation in the first Heathen Crusade. It means alot to John and I that you had such a positive experience. We are doing our best to make this Fest enjoyable for the fans and the bands!

While we have decided to not have bands play 2 years in a row, we have not ruled out asking HC1 bands back for HC3. So you never know. But we are not even thinking that far ahead yet, so no guarantees of course!

I respect that they're adding totally new bands to the bill each time, so that's cool. It's a pretty good chance that we'll be there to hang out, so we'll get to see you guys anyhow hopefully. Paul and I can make faces at you guys from the front haha ;)