Heathen - The Evolution of Chaos

The_Metal_Messiah

Dr Feelgood/Dropdown Suzi
Sep 14, 2009
Dallas, Ga
So, the new Heathen album is finally out in Japan. I'm listening to samples here: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=KICP-1395 and I'm freaking out at how amazing they sound! I just can't find a download ANYWHERE and don't wanna spend $30+ bucks for an import... It doesn't come out in the US until March. DAMMIT! This is one of the most underrated tech/thrash/speed metal bands ever, and I just thought I would make everyone aware that there are 44 second samples available to hear. So, take a listen and let me know what you think. Are they back? Do you think this album will be able to follow Victims of Deception??? I sure as hell hope so, and these samples are giving me a good feeling!

Lee Altus himself gave this album as a Christmas present. Best album they've ever made. If anyone wants it, i could give you a download link to one of the tracks.

Don't pay 30 bucks now when you can wait for the US release and get it for the normal price. I hope it slays, though. Those original Heathen albums kick all sorts of ass.

Heathen was always an overlooked band. They always kind of fell under the radar. I was a huge fan in the 80's and they seemed to never get that break most bands in that area got or the respect they deserved. I am glad they are still around. I cant wait for this disc to come out.

looking forward to their new album. LOVED their debut album decades ago!

Ok, so I finally found a download for it, and HOLY CRAP!!! I will definitely be buying this as soon as its released in the U.S. Now, lets just pray for a tour! And an Atlanta date!

And I just realized all the songs are on youtube, so take a listen!!! This is one of my favorites so far I think: Almost has a ManOwaR feel to it. Very cool!

Last edited by a moderator:
chug chug chug riffs with lame vocals, where has Heathen gone? why have I waited years for this release to hear this dribble

chug chug chug riffs with lame vocals, where has Heathen gone? why have I waited years for this release to hear this dribble

The rest of the album doesn't sound like that though. There's PLENTY of technical speed/thrash on it. Trust me, I've only listened to it twice all the way through, but I have a feeling Im gonna like it just as much as the first two.

it's solid and I own it, just not as thrashy never saw the hype for that one more

Well thats why I like it more. Its less thrashy and more technical/speed metal. Its heavier too imo. That main riff to "Hypnotized" just makes me go crazy every time I hear it! This album reminds me more of VoD, which is why I love it. Its not your average thrash. Its tighter and much more technical than the hardcore punk-infused thrash (which I also love, just not as much as this)