HEATHEN - Victims Of Deception Reissue Details

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
Metal Mind Productions is reissuing Victims Of Deception, the second album from Bay Area thrash legends HEATHEN.

The reissue from Roadrunner Records's archives will be released in a new digipack edition, digitally remastered using 24-bit process, limited to 2000 copies. It includes one bonus track, previously available only on the Japanese edition of the album. Due out on November 13, Victims Of Deception will feature the following tracks: 'Hypnotized', 'Opiate Of The Masses', 'Heathen's Song', 'Kill The King', 'Fear Of The Unknown', 'Prisoners Of Fate', 'Morbid Curiosity', 'Guitarmony (Instrumental)', 'Mercy Is No Virtue', 'Timeless Cell Of Prophecy'. Bonus track: 'Hellbound'.

Hell frozen over. Even if I got it downloaded from their site, I have always looking for this puppy but at ~$40, has always been a no no. Now if I can get one of those limited copies...:heh: :kickass:

So many limited releases of total thrash classics... looks like I have a list to complile and funds to raise

I have a review copy of this along with like 10 other titles that are being re-issued from the Roadrunner catalog...
I literally shit my pants when I saw some of the tiltes...

Spit it out!:Smokin:

Spit it out!:Smokin:

I'm not sure if Sixxswine has some insider information, but here's the ones that are announced (found on Blabbermouth):

SOLITUDE AETERNUS - "Beyond The Crimson Horizon"
SOLITUDE AETERNUS - "Into The Depths Of Sorrow"
LAST CRACK - "Burning Time"
LAST CRACK - "Sinister Funkhouse #17"
XENTRIX - "Shattered Existence"
XENTRIX - "For Whose Advantage"
XENTRIX - "Kin"
REALM - "Endless War"
REALM - "Suiciety"
ZNOWHITE - "Act Of God"
PESTILENCE - "Mind Reflections"
CRIMSON GLORY - "Strange And Beautiful"
CRIMSON GLORY - "Astronomica"
HEATHEN - "Victims Of Deception"
ATROPHY - "Socialized Hate"
ATROPHY - "Violent By Nature"
DISINCARNATE - "Dreams Of The Carrion Kind"
GORGUTS - "Considered Dead"
GORGUTS - "Erosion Of Sanity"
SADUS - "Chemical Exposure"
SADUS - "Swallowed In Black"
SADUS - "Vision Misery"
TOXIK - "Think This"
TOXIK - "World Circus"

Also rumors of the first two Crimson Glory remasters sometime next year...

edit: Oh, and Sixx, you didn't literally shit your pants, did you? :ill:

I'm not sure if Sixxswine has some insider information, but here's the ones that are announced (found on Blabbermouth):

Also rumors of the first two Crimson Glory remasters sometime next year...

edit: Oh, and Sixx, you didn't literally shit your pants, did you? :ill:

No, I didn't shit my pants. I did like seeing the Sadus releases, Crimson and a couple others on the list though... I do have a contact at the label who keeps me well supplied with dvd's and cd's.

SOLITUDE AETERNUS - "Beyond The Crimson Horizon"
SOLITUDE AETERNUS - "Into The Depths Of Sorrow"

Got it, got it.

ZNOWHITE - "Act Of God"
HEATHEN - "Victims Of Deception"
TOXIK - "Think This"
TOXIK - "World Circus"

Interested. The rest either I'm not or don't know the material enough to shit mine :lol:

LAST CRACK - "Sinister Funkhouse #17"
Totally bizarre that this album should suddenly come up again. I had completely forgot about this album even though it was a staple of our party scene in '89 and '90. Then on the last SoulSeek weekend I saw it in Hawk's library and all the memories came flowing back. Of course I snagged it for old time's sake. Another odd coincidence is I just happen to be listening to it RIGHT NOW.

I used to have it on cassette, but it must have been one of those stolen or borrowed and never returned. Slowly it seeped from my booze-addled memory. Glad it came back! Thanks Hawk!

I've had Victims of Deception on cd since it was released. Good album, but I much prefer Breaking the Silence. I grew tired of Victims a little too quickly. This thread though has peaked my interest to throw it in the player. :err:

I probably won't buy the reissue, but I wouldn't be opposed to downloading it either.:p

I NEED Toxiks "Think This". One of my favorite albums ever, and I feel shameful for not owning the real thing...

Totally bizarre that this album should suddenly come up again. I had completely forgot about this album even though it was a staple of our party scene in '89 and '90. Then on the last SoulSeek weekend I saw it in Hawk's library and all the memories came flowing back. Of course I snagged it for old time's sake. Another odd coincidence is I just happen to be listening to it RIGHT NOW.

I used to have it on cassette, but it must have been one of those stolen or borrowed and never returned. Slowly it seeped from my booze-addled memory. Glad it came back! Thanks Hawk!

You're welcome my friend. :)
Although I like 'Burning Time' way better.

They have re-united and played at the Headway Festival here in Holland I believe a few years ago.
I could not go because I was really sick at the time. :erk:

Check out here: http://www.lastcrack.com/ What the band is doing at the moment.