Heathen

Greeno

Oct 14, 2003
WV USA
Yet another reunion. It's like everyone just took a 10 year vacation and are now getting back to work. This one doesn't sound too good though, they've been working on it since 1992.... that's a lot of time to get it wrong. Hope I'm wrong though because I very much liked the first 2 albums!

HEATHEN Set Release Date For 'Recovered' - Mar. 9, 2004

Reunited San Francisco Bay Area thrashers HEATHEN have set a March 31 release date for their long-awaited third recording, "Recovered".

The band began this project in 1992, but tracks remained archived and unfinished until 2003 when, with the help of engineer and co-producer Rob Beaton, the salvaged early recordings were completed for the new nine-song disc.

In addition to covers of songs from QUEEN, THIN LIZZY, TYGERS OF PAN TANG and SWEET SAVAGE, "Recovered" features an original track, "In memory of…", written and dedicated to former band member Randy Laird and his girlfriend, as well as to lead vocalist David White's brother Jeffrey, whose untimely losses occurred in 1991. The remaining songs that make up this full-length album are tracks from HEATHEN's "Opiate of the Masses" demo, the pre-production to their 1991 release "Victims of Deception".

HEATHEN reformed in 2001 for the benefit concert "Thrash of the Titans" in San Francisco, and were subsequently invited to perform at the Wacken 2002 Open Air festival in Germany. Re-energized after their return, the band went back into the studio to pick up where they left off resulting in the upcoming release of "Recovered".

"This is the chance to get a glimpse of HEATHEN of yesterday, today and tomorrow," said White about the new CD and the extended-play DVD, which will closely follow the CD release. It features a new music video, behind the scenes rehearsal footage, in-depth interviews, photo gallery and lots of HEATHEN uncovered.

Short MP3 clips of all the tracks on "Recovered" can be downloaded at HEATHEN's newly launched official web site. Check it out here.

"Recovered" (view cover here) track listing:

01. Death On Two Legs (QUEEN)
02. Holy War (THIN LIZZY)
03. In Memory Of...
04. Hellbound (TYGERS OF PAN TANG)
05. Eye Of The Storm (SWEET SAVAGE)
06. Hypnotized
07. Opiate Of The Masses
08. Timeless Cell
09. Mercy Is No Virtue

HEATHEN's current lineup consists of:

David White - Vocals
Lee Altus (ex-DIE KRUPPS, ANGEL WITCH) - Guitar
Ira Black (VICIOUS RUMORS) - Guitar
Mike "Yaz" Jastremski - Bass
Darren Minter (DECONSTRUCT, ANGEL WITCH) - Drums

yes,the first 2 albums were great.thet are very talented musically and lyricly.
i was dissapointed to see alot of covers and old stuff on the new cd,i wanna hear some newshit.thanx for all the new info! im glad to see another fan of icon out there! :headbang:

I consider myself to be a Heathen fan but I am not gonna buy this album. v Very dissapointed that this album is dominated by covers.

(AND)

Opiate of the Masses is a song they released already.

There's only like 4 new songs, which sucks because I'm a Heathen
fan and I've seen Heathen live, but they aren't shit without their
original guitar player. Ira Black isn't that great.

Maybe I should have started a new thread, but I decided to revive this one instead just to let anyone interested know that the songs from the first two Heathen albums "Breaking The Silence" and "Victims Of Deception" can be downloaded from Heathen´s official website. Just go to:

www.heatheninc.com/main/index.htm and click on "Media"

It says that as they don´t have enough bandwidth the songs offered for downloading will change on a monthly basis.

(I hope this wasn´t just old news to anyone here.)

yeah live is always different.

Some bands should stop doing albums and just tour... like Judas Priest who should have stopped after Painkiller... The best time to stop is when its the most glorious time. Because then youre only awesome and no albums near by weak etc...

Hawk said:
yea the debut rocked!! The production was heavy as fuck! I'd love to see them live.
They played in Wacken 2 years ago, including a cover of Thin Lizzy's "Holy War" :worship:
Some Vicious Rumors members came up on stage for "Death by Hanging" too, what impressed me the most is their perfect twin guitar attack, these guys can play :cool:
I really had a great time that day!

Well the only other festival I want to attend so far is the Gods of Metal fest in Italy (next week)... and KIT III feat. Helstar in November of course.

I agree that BYH's bill is not as outstanding as it used to be, but at least they have a more original bill compared to Wacken who always has the same bands on its bill. That's why I still want to go to BYH and support this great fest :

ALICE COOPER
QUEENSRYCHE
GOTTHARD
CHILDREN OF BODOM
ANTHRAX
PRIMAL FEAR
BLAZE
KINGDOM COME
SHOK PARIS
RUFFIANS
CAGE

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ICED EARTH
TESTAMENT
SEBASTIAN BACH
U.F.O.
MAGNUM
DEATH ANGEL
LILLIAN AXE
OMEN
ANGEL
BALLISTIC
[/font]​
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MAJESTY [/font]​
still not interested? :loco:

well I am still a heathen fan, despite the fact that there are 4 covers on the new album and Opiate, Hypnotized and Mercy is no Virtue are already on the Victims of Deception album.. I hope this reunion is the beginning of a new Heathen era :)