Heaven and Hell last night

The Apparition

Porpoise McSalamander
Dec 22, 2004
Sydney
Went to the Newcastle show last night and it was awesome! Dio absolutely kicked ass. He was on fire and didn't miss a note.

I was also extremely impressed by Down. I have NOLA and thought it was ok but the songs really kicked ass live and their newer material was awesome. Phil has lost a lot of weight and dropped the viking black metal i'm so angry look. Compared to when i saw Pantera last time they were here he seemed like a different person. His voice is in great shape and he was extremely polite to the audience.

Great night!

Went to the 'Gong show and while I thought Down was terrible (not a fan, so I'm biased), Sabbath were just GODLY! Even better was the litterally front row centre spot I had thanks to the LORD guys getting me a ticket! :D

One of the best shows I've ever been to for sure! :)

Went to the 'Gong show and while I thought Down was terrible (not a fan, so I'm biased), Sabbath were just GODLY! Even better was the litterally front row centre spot I had thanks to the LORD guys getting me a ticket! :D

One of the best shows I've ever been to for sure! :)
Not a stoner/doom fan Tim?! :lol:
I loved their energy on stage and it was great seeing Pepper from Corrosion. COC are definitley a band i'd love to see again. They blew Pantera away when they toured here with them.

There's a few songs i wish they'd played such as Over and Over, Wishing Well, TV Crimes but i'm just being picky.

Dio really is a freak of nature. He has barely lost a note since the 70's. He still has the range, the tone, the feeling, the power. :headbang: :headbang:

Due to a wonderful act of kindness i actually got to see SABBATH and i am very glad i did. DIO was amazing and sung like a guy in his early 20's instead of some guy born in the early 20's.:lol:
The band were great as well. Props to the venue for letting you take your drinks inside (when did they start that?) but i must say it was strange seeing so many people just sitting down in there seats like it was a movie! I proudly stood up and went crazy as a sign of respect for the legends!!:worship:
And yes Shane i now have a new found appreciation for them.:)

just to add my two cents....
one of the best gigs i've ever been too and not just cause i was pissed......
both dio and phil were incredible front men , i didnt expect phils vocals tobe so perfect as he hit every note unbelievably well but would like to see them at a smaller venue with some pantera stage antics in some songs