HEAVEN SHALL BURN "Antigone" Century Media (2004)

Papa Josh

Minister of Propaganda
521979.jpg

HEAVEN SHALL BURN Antigone
Century Media Records
www.heavenshallburn.com

1. Echoes (Intro)
2. The Weapon They Fear
3. The Only Truth
4. Architects Of The Apocalypse
5. Voice Of The Voiceless
6. Numbing The Pain
7. To Harvest The Storm
8. Risandi Von (Outro)
9. Bleeding To Death
10. Tree Of Freedom
11. The Dream Is Dead
12. Deyjandi Von (Outro)
13. Dislocation (Bonus Track)
14. Not My God (Bonus Track)

Starting off like a beautiful ANATHEMA track lost from Alternative 4, this calm moment of serentiy quickly vanishes as "The Weapon They Fear" kicks in. Instantly I hear the metalcore, but you would be robbing yourself of possibly enjoying this cd if you allow yourself to become jaded too quickly. Yes, they have a familiar sound, but the conviction is amazing, and to be honest, there are a few nice surprises thrown in for good measure. They are very melodic when they need to be, one of my favorite elements of their sound, and thick and hearty at other times.

A band to look out for, and one that I'm sure Century Media will waste no time whoring across the country on every tour possible. And I mean that in the most endearing, loving way.

Rating: 8/10

Papa Josh

I like the description on the promo release as well:

"Combining the best elements of such luminaries as At the Gates, Earth Crisis, and Bolt Thrower, it didn't take long for the world to take notice of this dedicated and talented quintet. After releasing an EP, In Battle There is No Law...."

:D

I have this lying around somewhere, I'll give it a listen later on.

JayKeeley said:
I like the description on the promo release as well:

"Combining the best elements of such luminaries as At the Gates, Earth Crisis, and Bolt Thrower, it didn't take long for the world to take notice of this dedicated and talented quintet. After releasing an EP, In Battle There is No Law...."

:D

I have this lying around somewhere, I'll give it a listen later on.
And I hear the Bolt Thrower in their sound, but it's not enough, in my opinion...

I don't know how often I'll go to this to listen to...

I just stumbled across this album and I think it's awesome. Maybe it's just a nice change of pace from the Skyfire, In Flames, and Norther that I was hooked on for the last few months... I love it. Heaven Shall Burn is pretty sweet.