HEAVEN SHALL BURN covering Blind Guardian?

TribunalRecords

Record Label(s)/Vocalist
Sep 12, 2007
www.tribunalrecords.net
So, long running German metalcore act, HEAVEN SHALL BURN, just released their new album and I was spinning it and when it came on I was like BLIND GUARDIAN cover!? even better Hansi is on the track with them. :)

HSB has been around for 15 years now and thankfully still kind of a big deal in Germany (that way they keep getting to make music considering they only toured US once). Deluxe edition comes with a bonus DVD of the 500th show. This cover was a cool surprise I wasn't expecting.

Last edited by a moderator:
14xm4pe.jpg

So, long running German metalcore act, HEAVEN SHALL BURN, just released their new album and I was spinning it and when it came on I was like BLIND GUARDIAN cover!? even better Hansi is on the track with them. :)

HSB has been around for 15 years now and thankfully still kind of a big deal in Germany (that way they keep getting to make music considering they only toured US once). Deluxe edition comes with a bonus DVD of the 500th show. This cover was a cool surprise I wasn't expecting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQL8QbPWArY

Despite my loathing for all things metalcore (present company excluded), that was pretty badass.

Awesome cover one of my favorite bands covering another of my favorite bands. I like that they did their own take on the song, too many bands just do carbon copies and it's rarely as good as the original.

I've listened to these guys since their first album on Lifeforce Records which back then was vegan record label. It's amazing to see a band that has such a great message of anti racism, political, and veganism lyrics get as big as they have. It exposes said messages to people that normally don't hear it in their music it's great seeing festival vide of people going crazy when they play "Voice of the Voiceless".

Plus I personally like that even though they aren't a straight edge band some of the members still are edge.

Is this a real thing? I see by your screen name you take this pretty seriously, so I don't mean this as mockery, but what would "vegan lyrics" be?

Eat SOY!
Eat SOY!
EAT SOY AND DIE....... HEALTHY!!!!!!!

There are a lot of vegan bands in the punk/hardcore scene. Most are not good. Some are great.

Straight edge bands I can understand (and have a larger % of quality, but not by much) since there are actually plenty of bands who do sing about getting trashed. But I can't remember the last time I heard a band scream about how tasty filet mignon is...

Veganism lyrics?

tumblr_lod43oYVg51qhtysu.jpg

I don't understand why it's stupid to sing about the something that a band has passionate feelings about? There are many bands (not as many as there were in the 90s though) that sing about animal exploitation, torture, injustice and revenge for the animals. If you don't believe in it it's one thing but to act like it's stupid to have vegan lyrics but singing about elves, vikings, metal, satan, etc is acceptable is silly. Why I said what I did was because I think it's a good thing that bands actually sing about real things that matter (to some) and not just fiction stories, which I do like also.

Tribunal Records actually put out a couple vegan bands, From Here On and Prayer for Cleansing whose members went on to become Between the Buried and Me.

I don't understand why it's stupid to sing about the something that a band has passionate feelings about? There are many bands (not as many as there were in the 90s though) that sing about animal exploitation, torture, injustice and revenge for the animals. If you don't believe in it it's one thing but to act like it's stupid to have vegan lyrics but singing about elves, vikings, metal, satan, etc is acceptable is silly. Why I said what I did was because I think it's a good thing that bands actually sing about real things that matter (to some) and not just fiction stories, which I do like also.

Tribunal Records actually put out a couple vegan bands, From Here On and Prayer for Cleansing whose members went on to become Between the Buried and Me.

Fine. Maybe "stupid" was a little too harsh. That doesn't make it sound any less silly to me. Sorry if that offends you (as I assume you're vegan based on your username).

To make a long story short.... my experience with vegans has been 100% negative (I truly mean 100%). Not saying everyone in that demographics is a pretentious douchebag (like the ones I've encountered), but that's what I have encountered unfortunately. So when I hear of that being incorporated into metal, I can't help but to react.

Granted, the same could be said about religious/secular beliefs, political-minded people/bands, etc... The difference is, I have been able to find non-douchy people in those demographics. (and I am not including you in the douche pile, mind you... so maybe you're the first one). :)

Fine. Maybe "stupid" was a little too harsh. That doesn't make it sound any less silly to me. Sorry if that offends you (as I assume you're vegan based on your username).

To make a long story short.... my experience with vegans has been 100% negative (I truly mean 100%). Not saying everyone in that demographics is a pretentious douchebag (like the ones I've encountered), but that's what I have encountered unfortunately. So when I hear of that being incorporated into metal, I can't help but to react.

Granted, the same could be said about religious/secular beliefs, political-minded people/bands, etc... The difference is, I have been able to find non-douchy people in those demographics. (and I am not including you in the douche pile, mind you... so maybe you're the first one). :)

It's probably 100% negative because you're dealing with people who are quick to let you know that they are vegan, that you are wrong for eating what you eat, etc. I'm sure you don't have the time to keep track of the diets of each person you know -- that is, you probably know a couple vegans who don't fall into that 100% category, simply because you don't know. The loudest are usually the most annoying (that goes for anything).

Anyway, let's not get away from the point that Heaven Shall Burn is a shit band.

It's probably 100% negative because you're dealing with people who are quick to let you know that they are vegan, that you are wrong for eating what you eat, etc. I'm sure you don't have the time to keep track of the diets of each person you know -- that is, you probably know a couple vegans who don't fall into that 100% category, simply because you don't know. The loudest are usually the most annoying (that goes for anything).

Anyway, let's not get away from the point that Heaven Shall Burn is a shit band.

Exactly. I know for a fact it's because I haven't come across the ones who, as I called, are non douchy.

LOL shit band they may be (not sure as I don't know their material), but I liked the cover.