Heavy Metal Television

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
From www.melodicrock.com :

Heavy Metal Television is finally here. With television, the internet and phone service all now intertwined, we can use the available technology to create an all Heavy Metal T.V. station.

A live television station, streaming worldwide 24 hours a day in hi-def video and hi-fi audio, Heavy Metal Television brings the classic MTV format back to life with favourites such as Judas Priest and Iron Maiden as well as newer bands like Five Finger Death Punch and Shinedown. Newer technologies are emerging everyday ( i.e.., Roku, Hulu, Vimeo, etc.) to more easily and quickly stream video thru your flat screen TV.. The technology is so new, internet television station licenses are not even available ... yet.

The format will simply play conceptual videos presented by talented young V.J.'s with short segments of rock news and interviews sprinkled throughout with Heavy Metal promos of all kinds driving the content. Concerts will be shown Saturday nights. Specialty programing is being developed.

Sponsors will enjoy banner ads, 10-15 second motion graphic commercials (produced by us and approved by the label and management) and specially tailored to our sponsors promotions and giveaways. The sponsors can also use the graphics and content we develop for them for use on their own sites or promos as well. All with any kind of internet connection.

No need for satellite TV anymore. Heavy Metal Television is a new and unique way to break a new band or promote a product to the most dedicated fan base anywhere in music, anywhere in the world: Hard Rock and Heavy Metal fans.

On November 15, 2012 be sure to point your browser to www.heavymetaltelevision.com.

p179ss97lf4441a76nsroc8tao4.png

While this is a neat idea. Most new tv's can axcess the internet so just going to youtube and watching videos that way is just as simple and without having to sit through videos you dont want to watch. This would be a cool thing if you had people over and you have it on in the background. (one day I will have people over at my place..one day. need freinds first). Or for people who are more open to varietys of metal.

Why would anyone who is watching want to go from say....Helloween, Iron Maiden, Angra to Five Finger Death Punch and Shinedown? Plus having the banner ads and stuff is a pain. On a web site is different than watching a video or concert clip with stuff all over the sides and top of the screen. The last thing is having to deal with VJ's. I dont want to have to listen to some guy being over the top introducing stuff. I just want to see the videos.

I think set up the right way it could be a cool thing for some. Just like Fearnet on Comcast is and other specialty stations. There is an endless amount of content out there if done right.

Why would anyone who is watching want to go from say....Helloween, Iron Maiden, Angra to Five Finger Death Punch and Shinedown?

Maybe there will be show blocks? That would be awesome. I'd tune in for an hour long block of Mike's House of Cheese n' Power.

Why would anyone who is watching want to go from say....Helloween, Iron Maiden, Angra to Five Finger Death Punch and Shinedown?

Why would anyone want to listen to Five Finger Death Punch or Shinedown in any form or ever?

But hell, I might check it out as something to listen to on the computer while I work or something.

Why would anyone want to listen to Five Finger Death Punch or Shinedown in any form or ever?

But hell, I might check it out as something to listen to on the computer while I work or something.

I think this like internet radio would do well. For people working or doing stuff on thier computer. I dont think in this day and age in the world of "instant" someone would sit for 2 hours waiting to see a video they want when they can go to youtube and pull it up. They would almost need to do instant programs exclusive to the channel like studio reports, festival reports, and band interviews that are just more than a simple 5 minute interview. They would have to do this right out of the starting gate to grab peoples attention.

I pretty much agree with Bob on this one. I do like the idea of a heavy metal channel, but it has to be done right. Aside from this press release, there doesn't seem to be any information about the station. I wonder who's behind it and what kind of "talent" they're going to have hosting shows or presenting videos. I know a few posters here who would make great candidates for this sort of thing.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

I'll probably check it out, but the first time I tune in and see a reality show or game show or anything else like that I'll turn it off forever.

I pretty much agree with Bob on this one. I do like the idea of a heavy metal channel, but it has to be done right. Aside from this press release, there doesn't seem to be any information about the station. I wonder who's behind it and what kind of "talent" they're going to have hosting shows or presenting videos. I know a few posters here who would make great candidates for this sort of thing.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

As Al mentioned....what kind of talent are they going to have?

Will they have band members host shows?

Will they have the obnoxious loud guy yelling the whole time because it is "metal".

or will there be people who actually have hosting skills and an interest in music who has the charisma to pull it off?

should be interesting. I have seen countless video shows and stuff and most are unwatchable.

What's wrong with Five Finger Death Punch.... :heh:
Yea, they play pissed off angry metal, but so what.....Some of their stuff is incredibly catchy...

UFC entrance song metal

That's okay. I don't mind... "In Your Face, Want to Kick Your Ass Metal" screaming on my IPOD from time to time...... That kind of music does wonders in the gym for your energy and power level when you are working out in the gym....

There is already a website that does this. In addition to a heavy metal tv, they have 8 other channels to choose from. Ranging from current rock/metal, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 21st century, prog rock, and a soft rock/ ballad channel. My favorite is the prog rock channel and the heavy metal channel which they call Hard & Heavy is quite good. About 60% of what they show on the H&H channel I enjoy but yeah but show some shitty core and grind. Probably going to be the same thing when this new website goes live.

http://rocktelevision.com/

I give it six months before it goes under. Stuff like this has been tried before, there just isn't enough demand to support the operating costs.