Darkmatter

Vox/Gtr
Prototype - Continuum
ratingbar5_hl.png

style : heavy thrash
release date : 2006
reviewer : Séb
label : MetalAxe Records

This is probably one of the best US release of the year. Second album of the band, "Continuum" contains eleven energic songs of heavy thrash with a really technical edge, especially in some amazing guitar leads. A powerful music without the syncopated power-thrash sound I can't bear in most of today's US bands. This kind of powerful yet melodic thrash reminds me of RAGE's "The missing link", or METALLICA's black album, or even some ICED EARTH or TESTAMENT... the kind of thing that makes my head shake and my fingers try to play a virtual guitar, if you see what I mean. As well, the excellent voice of the singer sounds quite close to James Hetfield's or Peavy Wagner's, that is really melodious and kicking at the same time. In short I don't know what to say about this record except that it's a kick ass album every US-thrash addict should enjoy. Personnally I can't stop listening to it, and if usually I listen to an album 2 or 3 times before writing the review, I'm listening to this one for the 8th time while writing this, and I will most certainly hear it again just after... Really, PROTOTYPE rules !

http://www.heavymetaluniverse.com/reviews/news.php?lang=uk