Heavy Metal Wal-Mart

Ruthven

Sep 13, 2003
Wal-Mart is the only thing that is open when I get off of work, so I regularly stop in to see some kind of civilization after midnight. Now, it's not unusual to hear Ozzy or Priest's radio songs piped in over the overhead music players. But tonight I was walking around when it finally dawned on me, "Hey, that's James La Brie singing." "Pull Me Under" was playing over the loudspeakers. So I did the only thing I could think to do - call Pellaz. Now, I once heard "Another Day" while eating at Krystal, but "Pull Me Under" is one of Dream Theater's heavier songs. It was truly surrealistic.

Ruthven said:
Wal-Mart is the only thing that is open when I get off of work, so I regularly stop in to see some kind of civilization after midnight.
I'm not too sure I would call what you're apt to see at Walmart after midnight...civilization. I've seen some fucked-up looking folks at the Walmart that late.

Hee hee ... we used to do stuff like that back in the day when we were on the Burger King closing shift!

TheWhisper said:
I'm not too sure I would call what you're apt to see at Walmart after midnight...civilization. I've seen some fucked-up looking folks at the Walmart that late.

hey buddy, I shop at walmart at 2 or 3 in the morning as I work nights and I keep nighttime hours and we aren't all that fucked up lookingo_O

At the blockbuster I work at I always put metal on the store speakers... Usually Pain of Salvation but I've put Opeth, Iron Maiden, Dio, and Tad Morose..

Ruthven said:
Wal-Mart is the only thing that is open when I get off of work, so I regularly stop in to see some kind of civilization after midnight. Now, it's not unusual to hear Ozzy or Priest's radio songs piped in over the overhead music players. But tonight I was walking around when it finally dawned on me, "Hey, that's James La Brie singing." "Pull Me Under" was playing over the loudspeakers. So I did the only thing I could think to do - call Pellaz. Now, I once heard "Another Day" while eating at Krystal, but "Pull Me Under" is one of Dream Theater's heavier songs. It was truly surrealistic.

hahahaha, yeah, and you knew I'd be awake at that hour, too. :tickled: (Driving home from seeing Ozric Tentacles in Charlotte, dodging ghosts in the fog...which was also pretty damned surreal.)

I think this must be some sort of reality-altering effect that only Ruthven has, since the last time he called me to report a strange public musical choice, it was Cradle of Filth about to be played on a commercial FM rock station there in Chattanooga.....and sure 'nuff.... :eek:

OK, I can understand why there is amusement that I would describe the "culture" at Wal-Mart at 3 am as "civilization." That is actually part of the reason I go to the particular Wal-Mart that I do. Since it's off the beaten path (for that time of night), most of the _really_ freaky people go to one of the other locations :)