Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Prices documentary

If you want to go to Costco and buy a tub of Sabras hummus which is 3x the size of the tiny little package you can get from the grocery store, for the same price, why not? This is not an industry sized product. Also it works well because those hummus bowls are too tiny if you have a family desiring to actually use it as a food product.

3 boxes of wheaties packaged into 1 larger box that you can get from price clubs saves on the amount of packaging used. If you like wheaties that much you'll eat them eventually. This is not an industry sized product.

Canned goods, dry products, they can last. Buy a lot and put them away for later. Why make things difficult and keep returning to the store for your couple of cans of dog food when you can save money, get them all at once, and put them away for later, it's something that'll be used anyway.

I dunno, maybe I've just been out of the loop for too long. I'm just looking for some moderation. Here, everything's too damn small and in the US everything is just too big.

Also, buying a package of hot dogs is one thing, but buying a pack of 12 jumbo hot dogs when you're not having a barbecue is a bit much. Do we really need to eat all those hot dogs? It's just my opinion, but aren't we fat/unhealthy enough?

I would imagine that with most of the food that's wasted from buying bulk, it could probably feed half of Africa. I've been there, man. I remember buying those big boxes of Frosted Shredded Mini Wheats and eating so much that I didn't even want to look at another bowl of cereal for a year and just throwing the rest away. I'm not pointing the finger.

Again, just my opinion.

If food is being bought in large quantities and just being wasted on a regular basis then that's a completely different problem and just being wasteful all around. I can't say I'm aware of what goes on in everyone else's households.

But it IS wasted on a regular basis, and that's what I'm getting at. The US is the only country where the poor and destitute are fat.

If people are really consuming all that they're buying at the rate they're buying it, then everyone is going to be obese.

I feel you are exaggerating the amount of people who eat solely out of the trash that would be considered fat.

On the other hand, you also have to look at what's being consumed by the lower income families. A lot of them cash their welfare checks and buy McDonalds for dinner because it's cheap and they're lazy.

Because in Dallas there is probably a shortage of authentic Mediterranean/Middle Eastern restaurants. You take what you can get. It's not like living in NY.

Chris you're swimming upstream in a raging river, man. Shit sucks and Americans are dumb and fat... what can you do?

On the contrary, EVERY one sleeps around. There is a pretence of piety, but the women like to skip dates and go straight to the sex, although everyone denies it.

That sounds like a fucking place to live. No fucking queue to get there.

:lol:

Social classes are really distinct there. The non-white immigrants won't look you in the eye and they'll call you Sir even as you pass in the street. The native population who have non executive jobs also give you huge amounts of respect. It takes a while to realise you can't change it and you have to keep reminding yourself that you're not better than them by virtue of your skin colour, because they don't half try to convince you otherwise!

It's a pretty strict country when it comes to sexuality, but behind the scenes young women were bedding everyone.