HEED

edgeofthorns

24 Hours Ago...
Jan 2, 2005
City beneath the surface
I've been turned onto the band Heed within the last few days and I have to say this band is modern metal on steroids! The former vocalist from Lost Horizon fronts this band, so if you're familiar with his vox then you know what to expect. Music wise the band sounds in the same vein as Symphorce. If you like Symphorce, then you're bound to dig Heed. I highly recommend them! :headbang:

Modern Metal? okay..It also has the guitarist Fredrick Olsson from Lost Horizon as well...I consider it powa metal, with an emphasis on POWA..I have talked about them here brefore!!

lol @ powa metal.. hahaha

I still need to hear this band... Although it'll be hard to touch Lost Horizon's A Flame to the Ground Beneath... Daniel's performance on it is unbelievable!!! (as well as the entire band's).

Modern Metal? okay..It also has the guitarist Fredrick Olsson from Lost Horizon as well...I consider it powa metal, with an emphasis on POWA..I have talked about them here brefore!!

Bear, I'm not sure how you can deny the fact that Heed has a modern twist to their music. Regardless, it's good stuff and wasn't aware that you've mentioned them before.

Bear, I'm not sure how you can deny the fact that Heed has a modern twist to their music. Regardless, it's good stuff and wasn't aware that you've mentioned them before.

Modern? Like right now? Yeah its pretty right now if thats what you mean. they are still from Gothenburg and have that thing going on as well, great guitar work and vocals...I am trying to get away from putting bands into catagories within metal, if its good and it rocks then so be it. Times they are a changing and I am sure we are going to hear alot of strange shit in the days to come...

Bear

funny i was just listening to them this morning and thought about posting a "refresher" thread about them and see about interest for PP. ;) I dig em a lot and would love to see them grace the PP stage.

Heed has been discussed several times, but it can't hurt to mention them again. The Call is hands down my #1 release of the year with less than three weeks to go.
I agree with Bear. Heed is just brutal Powa Metal! The song Last Drop Of Blood is on the AOR Heaven/Metal Heaven sampler. As it's in circulation as a sampler I posted it here. Play it LOUD!
Heed Official Website

I absolutely love this band. Crunchy guitars, melodic, and soaring vocals. What's there not to love?

They deserve a spot at Progpower. Their new album is due out in early 2007, I believe.

Modern? Like right now? Yeah its pretty right now if thats what you mean. they are still from Gothenburg and have that thing going on as well, great guitar work and vocals...I am trying to get away from putting bands into catagories within metal, if its good and it rocks then so be it. Times they are a changing and I am sure we are going to hear alot of strange shit in the days to come...

Bear

okay.........:loco:

Great band for the showcase! This is one of the best discs I bought this year. I believe Magius posted about them a few months back and before "Last Drop of Blood" finished playing I ordered the disc from The End, fantastic choice for PP!

Edgeofthorns, I agree with you, they do have a modern edge to them, but all power metal, they stand alone with their own style.

Great band, can't wait for the new one.

I LOVE HEED!!! I'm a HUGE admirer of Daniel's and his vocals just cannot be touched in my happy little world... And there's only 3 other singers in that bunch...

I loved the LH stuff, the Heed stuff is definitely heavier and very much more in your face...

I would KILL to see them at a PP ~ if I had to walk to Atlanta to be there I'd do it...

GREAT ALBUM! ONE OF MY FAVS AS OF NOW. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM AT PP EVEN IF IT IS THE SHOWCASE. :headbang: