Heir Apparent - "One Small Voice" reissue!

Orfanos

Apr 19, 2005
Greece
It's strange that there is no topic for this reissue on this forum.

heirapparent.jpg

I can't wait to get the reissue and watch the DVD, I couldn't imagine that there was live footage with Steve Benito!

More info at http://arkeynsteel.com/site/

Kids these days. No appreciation for the classics. :Smug:

Excuse me? Do you even know who I am or what I like? No appreciation is different than not knowing the band.

Instead of giving a jerky response, why don't you point me to the right direction with this band, since apparently it's such a travesty that I don't know them, old fart?

Excuse me? Do you even know who I am or what I like? No appreciation is different than not knowing the band.

Instead of giving a jerky response, why don't you point me to the right direction with this band, since apparently it's such a travesty that I don't know them, old fart?

Lighten up. I read it as a harmless joke with a bit of sarcasm.

http://www.myspace.com/heirapparentband

Early QR/Fates vibe.

It's never late to discover fantastic bands from the past. It's not easy to know everything in heavy metal. For this we have the forum, to share our knowledge. I also learnt many things I didn't know before in this forum. :)

As for this:

So where can I buy this?

At this time you can buy it from greek e-shops (the label that reissues the CD/DVD is greek), like http://www.eatmetalrecords.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=4519

If you avoid overseas transactions, you 'll have to wait a little but I am sure that the reissue will be available on US mailorders soon. :)

I also had never heard of this prior to this post but will for sure be ordering it as soon as it's available in the US.

I am 25. I have a lot of people I talk to in the 35-45 range that somehow missed this or that metal band as well. There is just so much out there, but that's what makes this music fun and allows for people to be lifelong listeners.

I am 25. I have a lot of people I talk to in the 35-45 range that somehow missed this or that metal band as well. There is just so much out there, but that's what makes this music fun and allows for people to be lifelong listeners.

Ahh, so according to some, you're just a kid, like me. :lol:

Agreed with your post though. The only annoying thing (not to say anyone around this forum is like this), is when people stay stuck within a certain time period for music. I have a neighbor who's a so-called metalhead. He thinks Maiden and Yngwie are the two greatest music artists, and the most unique bands ever out there. He has absolutely no reason that "our underground" scene exists. Yet, whenever I try to tell him about it, he completely disregards it. He thinks that since I'm such a kid (25), I have no idea what I'm talking about, my music sucks and there'll never be anything like Maiden and Malmsteen. I feel sorry for the poor guy, honestly.

I run into the same issue all the time at the CD shop I work at. Yet, I tend to notice that when I will be playing something in my store that is outside the mainstream a lot of people respond well. I've gotten plenty of "this Maiden?" or "this Queensryche?" but a lot of the time it is followed by "I didn't know stuff like this even existed." So I do run into a decent amount of people open to newer stuff. I do agree though for every one of those guys I have five guys who refuse to admit anything new is worth anything, in my experience I see this more of these in the Pantera and Slayer fans...but I guess you can't take the time to find new music when you are busy cutting the sleeves off of the five new Slayer shirts you just bought. I do like Slayer and Pantera by the way, just making observations.

Classic progressive metal before there was such a genre. I remember this from back in the day. Queensryche + Fates Warning = Heir Apparent.

Lighten up. I read it as a harmless joke with a bit of sarcasm.

Exactly! There was nothing remotely serious in my comment, so feel free to unwad the britches and relax..... It's a Monday for crying out loud, and not worth getting stressed out about.

This is one of those bands that back in the fledgling days of the internet was discussed on the newsgroups, but without internet stores you simply could not find ANYWHERE. It took years to track down a copy, and by that point it was a slight disappointment, only in that the hype was so high by that point it couldn't possibly meet expectations.

There are so many good prog metal bands from this era (pre-1995) that go largely unnoticed, as many of them disbanded early on, but laid the paving stones for much of what is currently popular on this board.