Heir Apparent

Greeno said:
Sarge-----> Found a cool Heir Apparent web site, they have a bunch of mp3's for downloading.
http://www.heirapparent.com
Hey you guys know Heir Apparent!

Well, I used to have a SOD like band. I was wearing a bathingcap and one of our songs was "Foodfight". During this song we were trowing eggs, bread and other foodstuff into the audience.

Anyway; around 1986 Heir Apparent played at our metal club "The Dynamo" in Eindhoven, the Netherlands [Dynamo which BTW, was co-founded by me] and I befriended them. Soon they found themselves on a stage with a couple crazy mother f*ckers like us. They loved it of course!

You can see a song from the Dynamo gig here
Look to the front row a bit on the left you will see a headbanging bathing cap... Guess who??

I remember one night when they and me were doing "Victim of Changes". Their Singer Paul Davidson was also handling a guitar. After the show I commented that the Heir Apparent sound was so much richer with a second guitar played by Paul.

All I got were a pair of befudled looks ... Terry looks at me and explained to me that Paul's guitar was not connected to the amps. He had just been holding it for fun... :erk:

I had some great day's with the band, day's that I will never forget. O, and I love their music! Of course...

That's cool as hell, Hawk! I picked up a copy of their first album (Graceful Inheritance) on cd today, not had a chance to listen to it yet.

Greeno said:
That's cool as hell, Hawk! I picked up a copy of their first album (Graceful Inheritance) on cd today, not had a chance to listen to it yet.
Wow! Thats the album from that period. It may sound a bit dated now but I just love that album. Just notice the guitar work of Terry Gorle! He rules!! The bass player Derik Peace was also very good.

One thing I really like about this albums is the quality of some of the lyrics. For me the best example is "AND....dogro lived on".

Check this out:

--------------------

"
Fear of gods and demons is the folly of your mind
Acknowledge facts of Science -don't be blind
The war of Good and Evil is what you create within
The Facts of Life are where the truth begins

RISE!! RISE!! RISE!!

Prepare for your future -don't live within the past
The ancient cultures never knew the facts
Technology has given truth where myth had been before
It's time Humanity stepped through the door

RISE!! RISE!!
Face the facts of Present Day
RISE!! RISE!!
Rid yourself of ancient ways...

RISE!! RISE!! RISE!!"

----------------

Not yer run of the mill lyrics are they? ;)

I hope you enjoy the album as I still do

You RULE dude! :headbang:

i think that "One Small Voice" is levels above their debut in all aspects
musicianship,sound variety, feeling and emotions, VOICE (Steve Benito = god) , melodies, and the whole progressive aura , years ahead of its time