HELL

Virgil.

¯\(°_o)/¯
Jul 12, 2005
Seattle, WA
Hell - "Human Remains"

Discuss. :)

51Wnjohbn6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

To start, I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that snare!!!

I just went to import the Hell album into my iTunes, and iTunes states that the cd is 666.9 mb. Thats pretty goddamn awesome.

Hell666.jpg

Diggin' the shit out of it as well since it came in. Awesome album. And I really think Dev Bower is one great vocalist. Why did his brother hide such a talent from us all these years? :)

Greetings to everyone!

The production on this album is awesome!

Can someone please share, what amp/cab was used for guitars?

I googled some interviews with Hell but nothing was mentioned, only that they worked hard and tried many amps.

Thanks!

Greetings to everyone!

The production on this album is awesome!

Can someone please share, what amp/cab was used for guitars?

I googled some interviews with Hell but nothing was mentioned, only that they worked hard and tried many amps.

Thanks!

I can't say for sure dude but it sounds like two different amps L & R and I know Kev has been seen using Mesa live. I'm guessing 5150 on the left for Andy and Mesa Dual Rectifier on the right for Kev.

I can't say for sure dude but it sounds like two different amps L & R and I know Kev has been seen using Mesa live. I'm guessing 5150 on the left for Andy and Mesa Dual Rectifier on the right for Kev.

I'm pretty sure kev said his stuff was (re)ampeed with a 5150 on the album when I last spoke to him about it. And like Lasse said, they were using H&Ks live (although didn't know what model, but I'll take his word on the coreblade!)

I was actually there when he was making some final tweaks to the mix...fucking exciting...I was so excited I forgot to ask him for all his presets and samples ;).
Fantastic mix though, very natural and warm sounding, still punchy and powerful.

This is still getting played constantly ... its almost more Mercyful Fate than Mercyful Fate

the guitars have such a smooth upper end without ever losing any edge or bite

I saw some recording diaries on internet, where Kevin Bower says how he used Peavey and Mesa cab for recording.

Also, he mentioned the same on another forum.

Guitar was ESP LTD M400 with EMG's, as he says.

This sound is probably the best Peavey sound that I ever heard. Really sounds like heavy metal...

But maybe something else was used for mixing and this setup only for tracking.

I saw some recording diaries on internet, where Kevin Bower says how he used Peavey and Mesa cab for recording.

Also, he mentioned the same on another forum.

Guitar was ESP LTD M400 with EMG's, as he says.

This sound is probably the best Peavey sound that I ever heard. Really sounds like heavy metal...

But maybe something else was used for mixing and this setup only for tracking.

Got a link to these diaries?

I love the album.
There is so much caracter in the voice of the singer, you don't something lively like this nowadays. I hear loads of Rocky Horror Picture Show kinda things in his voice (positive).

Glad Andy did Hell.