Hellenic Black Metal: Frozen Glare / Shadowcraft / Erevos

grey rain cloud

Scream Of A Dying God
Aug 14, 2005
U.K. / Hellas
www.myspace.com
Greetings,

I am here to introduce you (or re-introduce you for some) to three hellenic (greek) black metal bands that I am involved with. It will be a great honour if you listen to our music (for each band) and post comments here, or add us to your friends if you have a myspace.

Frozen Glare is the oldest band of the three. Formed in early 2002, we have been releasing material for a good while. Two new releases, both stated for later this summer, have been the culmination of our hard work for over a year.

"Shining Comes Benighted" EP is a concept release with some nationalist overtones; expressed mostly in the conceptual difference of hellenism, pantheism and freedom of thought as it was apparent in the broad culture in Ancient Greece as opposed to the strictly dualist, unethical and enslaving underlying concept of Judeochristianism. Musically it is a mixture of progressive black metal and thrash; with many atmospheric passages. Described by others as an interesting release for "fans of Graveland, Darkthrone, Satyricon and Carpathian Forest".

"And The Six Wolves Ate Mankind" SPLIT represents a far different Frozen Glare sound, as it was presented by the band in our earlier endeavours. This split with Russian black metal band Animi Vultus is still expressing the same anti-Judeochristian views but the music is far more melodic, doomy and etherial. Influences from Rotting Christ, Necromantia, Katatonia and Arcturus are apparent.

http://www.myspace.com/frozenglare

Frozen Glare are currently working with Forever Plagued Records, although no release date or label have so far been confirmed to handle the new releases.

Shadowcraft, from the other hand, is definately the newest: Born in 2006, from the ashes of previous majestic black metal projects, we made some brave steps towards an Emperor-like direction with our rehearsal demo, released a few weeks ago.

Currently completing recordings for the debut demo, Shadowcraft represent a typical genre with a relatively atypical result: Born of Emperor, Arcturus and King Diamond inspirations but forged through the general hellenic black metal sound (Rotting Christ, Varathron, Necromantia), there is plenty of interesting music - based on a concept about insanity - to listen to. We are still looking for a label, and more information shall be available soon.

http://www.myspace.com/shadowcraftband

You can support us by adding us to your friends and telling others about us.

Erevos, finally, offer a more stark difference in the sound department. Mixing black and death metal with melodies found in eastern and hellenic lands, they define a sound that you should listen to.

The new work - and the first EP to boot - is a more "in your face" attempt than the previous offering. It can be generally described as something that brings forth some of the elements of early 90s death metal (as evidenced in early Amorphis and Therion), enriches them with eastern and hellenic melodies (for a more Nile sound), then finally presents them in a more black metal way. Based on the concept of death and ancient greek mythology, we feel that the 20 minutes of music offered in this new Erevos release are worth listening to.

http://www.myspace.com/erevos666

For fans of Dimmu Borgir, Vader, Amorphis, Rotting Christ, Morbid Angel and Immortal.

CONTACT ME THROUGH MSN AT: frozen_glare@hotmail.com

I hope you will take a short look into each of these bands and let me know what you think of us.

Regards,
W.S. (Vocalist/Keyboardist of Frozen Glare, Keyboardist of Shadowcraft, Lyricist of Erevos)