PALESHIFT / TOMB OF... / FROZEN GLARE / EVERCOLD

grey rain cloud

Scream Of A Dying God
Aug 14, 2005
U.K. / Hellas
www.myspace.com
Be prepared for a long thread. After a friend recommended this website to me, I decided announcing my new demos / EPs with the afforementioned projects / bands I have, as well as introducing you to some of my previous works with them.

PALESHIFT is my most active project at the moment. After releasing two demos in the past year (to which I will come back in an instance), I am now working on the first EP; titled A Dream In The Distance . Generally, it is a strange mixture of Progressive Rock, Experimental Music and Symphonic Ambient. For more information, you can follow this link: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=235&topic=22817687

The two previous demos will sound very different to each other and even different compared to the EP. The first demo was Endless Passage , which was a mixture of abstract rythm patterns, ambient house, and a certain feel of alternative music. The second demo, Poems For Escaping Suns was less inspired by rythm or alternative elements and was closer to Symphonic Ambient; parts of this sound will still be in the new EP.

You can follow the links at the bottom for some songs by this project.

TOMB OF... is the closest I have to Funeral Doom; however the music itself is still fairly Dark Ambient in its roots. Especially the new split work with Foret Morte is even closer to a mixture of Dark Ambient and Symphonic Ambient with harsh vocals in the mix. However future plans for the project intent a return to the original sound of the first pilote song (Funeral Pyre) and probably even take it to new extremes. For all that it matters, while this project will temporarily dive into ambient waters, it is going to return to deadly funeral doom soon enough.

There are three new works planned for Tomb Of...: One is a split with Dark Ambient project from Ireland, Aludra, the other is a three way split with Aludra (again) and one of my other projects which was inactive for a while (Evercold), and the last one is a stand-alone new demo. Here is a small informational post on these three works.

...Aborted Dreams shall be the title for the split demo with Aludra. The sound will be fairly similar to the already released split with Foret Morte: A mixture of dark ambient and symphonic ambient, slow, deadly, romantic, sad, and coupled with penetrating harsh vocals. Expect for a release in September.

A Gathering Under Moonlight, A Beauty Turned To Stone, A Requiem For A Soul Once Brave is the three way split, each comma separating the title of each project's submission to the split. A Requiem For A Soul Once Brave is Tomb Of...'s part. Musically, I intend to create a weird mixture of Dark Ambient and Noise; musically it will be very extreme but I hope it will be appreciated. For a first, there won't be much melodies to be found here (or they will be far to underlying to be noticed); I intend to keep the melodic parts for the Evercold part of this split.

Eternal Silence , though announced first from the other works, will be released last. Expect a proper return to the funeral doom sound of the first demo.

A link for this project's released stuff will be found later.

FROZEN GLARE is mainly atmospheric music, inspired by doom and black metal. Though it is kinda hard to name it as either for two reasons: The first one is that we are neither doomy enough nor black metal enough to account for listing in the said genres. The other reason is that we aspire to switch genres relatively quick and see a future in a strange Experimental / Avant-garde music for us.

The band has released several demos in the past, ranging from "pure" raw black metal, to doomy black metal. The latest release, released a year or so ago, Shrine Of Failure was its title and in the link found later you will be able to listen to it. There are two projected new releases for this project in the "imminent" future.

Bewitched Lost Souls is more or less an attempt to re-direct and re-arrange two of our older songs (presented in a much different, new form) plus a "new" one, written to fit to our older style. The music was originally raw black metal, but the re-written songs are closer to a strange mixture of powerful black metal, with a few majestic hints; the sound in my opinion sounds like a bastard son of early Emperor and Behemoth, but my band members disagree. We'll see.

Isolation, Separation, Winter, Heaven is brand new material for our first EP. It is uncertain when it will be released, but expect a radical change towards an experiment sound, with lots of abstract moments, acoustic guitar driven melodies, and cataclysmic black metal outbursts.

EVERCOLD for the bigger part is an older project I had, which has been inactive for nearly a year now because of lack of interest, but most importantly the inability to find compatible, correct, or dedicated band members to help me out. The past music has been ambient of many kinds, while the newer work should evolve into a strange fusion of acoustic black metal and alternative / ambient. The only new announced work is within the split and I am still undecided about what direction the music shall take. Will it be ambient? Will I try to perform the acoustic parts myself (I am a bad guitarist)? We'll see.

Thank you for reading this until here (if you did). Please check the links for my previous music examples:

http://www.soundclick.com/paleshift
http://www.soundclick.com/tombof
http://www.soundclick.com/frozenglare