Hellfest 2010

arg

Jun 4, 2008
when Behemoth came out i felt close to tears. their black and white corpsepaint looked fuckin badass live. they opened up with Ov Fire and the Void and also played (what i can remember and in no order) Demigod, Conquer All, Slaves Shall Serve, Lucifer, a fuckin groovy song from Satanica, As Above So Below, Decade of Therion, At the Left Hand Ov God, Chant for Ezkaton. Behemoth had amazing stage presence and were really good at looking evil and shit.:D

i caught some of Katatonia's set. Jonas' voice was beautiful (a fuckin lie...dont give a shit..it's over now <-best lyrics lol). it was very atmospheric in the tent (well that's how their songs are). their guitar tone was nice and crunchy and the crowd got pumped in the heavy parts.

Suffocation was definitely the most brutal and tight band of the day. they opened up with Cataclysmic Purification and also played Jesus Wept, Breeding the Spawn, Blood Oath, Pierced from Within, Brood of Hatred, Catatonia, etc. Frank did his crazy hand thing and his voice was guttural as fuck. he's also a very funny guy. his introductions to the songs were hilarious. like for Entrails of You: "this song is for all the beautiful girls here. i tried to write a love song but i fucking suck at it. when i meet a pretty girl all i wanna do this slice her open, rip her guts out and spread them all over my fuckin head!".

Nile signed some autographs before their show. i wasnt able to but i got some pics. Karl was very enthusiastic and friendly. Dallas had shaved his head :0.

Nile opened up with KAFIIIRRR!!! the crowd joined in singing there is no god! there is no god! they played stuff from TWTGD (Hittite Dung Incantation, Permitting the Noble Dead, 4th Arra of Dagon)and the best songs from their albums like Lashed to the Slave Stick, Papyrus, Sarcophagus, etc. Behemoth joined them in the climax of Black Seeds of Vengeance which was fuckin awesome.

there was a surprising number of hot girls at Hellfest. here is just one of them. i was behind her during the Nile show and she bumped into me a lot, which made me hard.

new Nile long sleeved shirt. i have my new Behemoth and Bloodbath shirts under there too. wanted to get Suffo too but was low on euros.

some Exodus and Slayer from afar. they sounded as good as ever!

coming soon: Bloodbath when i get home from work (im on lunch break)

Bloodbath opened up with Ways to the Grave and then played a sweet assortment of songs from all their releases. hell, they could play any one of their songs live and blow everyone's ass away. the crowd was going fucking nuts behind the barricade (those guys in front were just the official press)

some vids. i could have recorded better ones as well as those of other bands but i was too busy flipping out.

pretty bonfire

the end:devil:

Last edited by a moderator: