Hellhammer VS. Frost

Ugh, I REALLY hated that album. It's a shame, because Volcano was great. Everything on Now, Diabolical was completely underwhelming, particularly the drumming.

I did like the one or two parts on that album that aped Shining's ambient weirdness, but that's about all.

Give me the last Thorns album (with Hellhammer on drums, no less!) over nu-Satyricon any day.
Well, for me it's exactly the opposite, Volcano was the total snorefest for me. Now, Diabolical is definitely a grower, it's not that I'm totally crazy about it, but it's definitely very enjoyable, lots of atmosphere.

Ignorance alert! There's MUCH more to Hellhammer than playing fast, he's an incredibly inventive and skilled drummer, just listen to Arcturus or Winds for example.

Thank you Martijn for clearing that up before I had to. The Shining IV album The Eerie Cold shows Hellhammer's excellence with the intricacy as well.

Well, for me it's exactly the opposite, Volcano was the total snorefest for me. Now, Diabolical is definitely a grower, it's not that I'm totally crazy about it, but it's definitely very enjoyable, lots of atmosphere.

Agree..Volcano was bah..Now, Diabolical was better...but still not the elite anymore. I do occationally walk into Satyr at the grosery shop (Ica supermarket :D) now and then. Maybe I'll give him the thumbs up next time if the next album is really good. He should shave his head again too...long hair on Satyr doesn't look good.

The topic...oh..well..they're both good.

Don't like Nick Barkers drumming visually speaking (haha..sounds silly) but he just sits there like a buddha and doesn't look like he's really working those drums..he's just sitting there...like he's making dinner or something. Loved him on Dusk..and her embrace though.

I enjoy Barker's cymbal work. He kills on In Defiance Of Existence.

Maybe I'll check it out then. He's still a good drummer of course..I just like to see drummers who really go nuts and smash things..much like how Fenris from Darkthrone wants drummers to be..he actually has a point that it isn't so important that you're so damned skillful as bashing the drums into little bits.
Sure I'm more of a moderate when it comes to this thinking.

I don't know if Liljekvist is a super drummer, but I love the drums on TGCD...
Drummers who make you want to hit drums yourself are great drummers in my mind. On Leaders I always play air drums..and feel rather silly...but love it!

Don't like Nick Barkers drumming visually speaking (haha..sounds silly) but he just sits there like a buddha and doesn't look like he's really working those drums..he's just sitting there...like he's making dinner or something. Loved him on Dusk..and her embrace though.
:lol: I know what you mean.

New Satyricon is sooo boring, kill the groove and 4 minute rockn roll songs, give me some evil black metal or some highly technical mind fuck like Rebel Extravaganza, be inventive for satan's sake