Hello everyone, this place rocks!

Fahren man

Fahrenheit
Nov 23, 2002
www.fahrenheitportal.com
Hello to all metal heads!

Just getting the hang of doing posts and all.

I'm a musician, a couple of years ago I became introduced to the metal world, thanks to being invited to join a band, and feel great about having made one of the best decisions in my life :D Metal was missing on my daily diet :p

I'll be around, and may do some posting here and there :D if I find the right words :err:

See you later!!

Fahren man

www.fahrenheitportal.com

Hello Rusty, and thank you everyone for the warm welcoming :D

Well favorite bands... there's Evergrey, Angra, Symphony X, Artension, Andromeda, Labyrinth, Firewind, The Gathering, Nightwish... the list goes on but these are the ones that always come to mind.

Also I like some of the Rhapsody and Stratovarius music. I started to like metal years ago thanks to them, but moved on as I found the rest of the bands in the scene. Not that they are bad, mind, they are great performers, but I think they tend to abuse on the kind of songmaking, repeating the formula over and over :s

There it is, that's more or less what I'm into, metal-wise.

How about you Rusty? What is your favorite list?

Cheers,

Urgh, my favourite list, let me see...

OPETH
My Dying Bride
Dark Tranquillity
Arcturus
Katatonia
Lacuna Coil
Iron Maiden
(old) Metallica
Nine Inch Nails

There are plenty more, but if I listed them all I would run out of space. ;)

Have fun. :D

Sort of slow, melancholic metal, with female and male twin vocals. 'Tis very good. Same sort of feeling/atmosphere as Anathema and Katatonia, but different of course. :headbang:

Great! I'll look them up. I'm a sucker for female voices :oops: :D One of the reasons I like After Forever, The Gathering, Synergy, and a couple of others. The music is essential, but the voices blow me away. Do you know more about bands with a female front...man, or frontwoman? hehe

More recent Arch Enemy, but that is female death vocals, so it might not be the same for you. ;) I can't think of any others, off hand.

Arch enemy? I've heard a couple of their songs, I was also amazed when they told me it was a woman. They rock though :) Can't remember the name of a song I liked, but it started with an eery sounding piano, and then boom! Everything went crazy, with cool riffs. A very good band

I bet it was Enemy Within, from their latest album Wages of Sin. 'Tis quality music indeed, although I prefer Savage Messiah (from the same album ;)).

Great faves list, Fahren..nice to see another progmetalhead here! :) Come visit us over at the SymX board sometime! :)

Thanks m'Lady! :) Yes, I'm torn mainly between Prog and Power, and some other good contributions from different genres, to have a wider scope.

I would love to pay you a visit :) Thanks for your invitation.

Yup, I'm the same way, prog & power are the two biggies for me as well, with bits of other stuff thrown in here & there..great stuff. :)

UM has some great forums for both prog and power metal bands, not just SymX..you'll find plenty to do here! :)