Hello From Canada

Starbreaker1997

New Metal Member
May 26, 2016
Not really alot to say... I'm 18, fluent in both English and French, and I happen to be not only a metalhead, but also a Brony, a Catholic, and a gamer. My favourite band is Metallica. I am open to suggestions for bands I should try. That's pretty much it! \\m//

Well, I also listen to Iron Maiden, Testament, Nightwish, Judas Priest, Iced Earth, Bhayanak Maut (they are a groove/death band from Mumbai, India), Black Sabbath, Antestor, Mötley Crüe, and Def Leppard. I'm kinda looking into all the subgenres, I guess I'm still a blank slate.

Not a bad start. To get you going, for more thrash metal, which you seem to enjoy a lot, I'd recommend Anthrax, Slayer, Megadeth, Overkill, Exodus, Artillery, Heathen, Razor, Sodom, Kreator, Destruction, Tankard, Onslaught, Holy Moses, Atrophy, Sepultura, Death Angel, Voivod, Sadus, Forbidden, Annihilator, Coroner, Dark Angel, and Flotsam & Jetsam. For more glam oriented stuff like Mötley Crüe and Def Leppard, I'd tell you to give Dokken, W.A.S.P., Twisted Sister, Wrathchild, Ratt, Skid Row, Europe, Night Ranger, Stryper, Lizzy Borden, Babylon A.D., Firehouse, Autograph, and King Kobra a shot. For power metal, like Iced Earth, check out Dio, Rainbow, Yngwie Malmsteen, Manowar, HammerFall, Savatage, Gamma Ray, Helloween, Blind Guardian, Jag Panzer, Demons & Wizards, Liege Lord, Helstar, Grave Digger, Running Wild, and Virgin Steele. In terms of more classic and traditional metal material, try Motörhead, Accept, U.D.O., Ozzy's solo career, Scorpions, Alice Cooper, King Diamond, Mercyful Fate, and Deep Purple (mostly a hard rock band, but they have some metal stuff). Lastly, for more NWOBHM stuff like early Iron Maiden and Def Leppard, go for Saxon, Blitzkrieg, Tokyo Blade, Angel Witch, Girlschool, Tygers of Pan Tang, Satan, Grim Reaper, Demon, Elixir, Samson, Diamond Head, and Praying Mantis. If you want more bands, want to know which albums you should try, or want to explore more subgenres, for example doom metal or black metal, just say the word.

Last edited:
Reactions: Starbreaker1997
Alright, for death metal, good ones to start with would be Death, Possessed, Atheist, Morbid Angel, Autopsy, Deicide, Massacre, Carcass, Morgoth, Bolt Thrower, Carnage, Dethklok, Monstrosity, Obituary, Dismember, Vomitory, Seance, Cancer, Demilich, Master, Tiamat, Malevolent Creation, Brutality, At The Gates, Demigod, Grave, Merciless, Therion, Pestilence, Sinister, Ripping Corpse, and Sentence. With regards to black metal, Bathory, Venom, Hellhammer, Celtic Frost, Mayhem, Immortal, Darkthrone, Gorgoroth, Emperor, Burzum, Sarcófago, Abigor, Sargeist, Satyricon, Judas Iscariot, Beherit, Profanatica, Taake, Samael, Carpathian Forest, Dark Funeral, Satanic Warmaster, Inquisition, Death SS, Root, Blood Stained Dusk, Marduk, Von, and Belphegor.

Not really alot to say... I'm 18, fluent in both English and French, and I happen to be not only a metalhead, but also a Brony, a Catholic, and a gamer. My favourite band is Metallica. I am open to suggestions for bands I should try. That's pretty much it! \\m//
You should join a band, I'd love to hear peoples reactions when they learn that their favourite metal band is made up of Catholic bronies lol

Reactions: Starbreaker1997
Welcome,
You could listen to our band (recorded in a garage but think quality is ok^^, we make progressive deathmetal. Always interested in feedback so tell us your opinion ;-).

Can find us on youtube.

Cheers olphor