Hello from Ottawa Canada! (a little about me, and a few recommendations)

Exiled-Balearic

New Metal Member
Nov 14, 2011
Ottawa, Canada
I've been lurking for a while now, and have been enjoying the forum -- learned a lot so far too, Thx! However I was thinking it would be nice to become a contributing member.

FYI music has been my food & saviour since I was a kid -- my tastes are all over the map, but I'm a METALHEAD first & foremost. Further I play guitar, bass, and mandolin. I also spend a lot of time working on guitars. Lately I've also been into music production.

As a kid I was into Zeppelin, Rush, Van Halen, and ACDC. The when I was 15-16 I discovered Ozzy, Maiden, Priest, Dio, Scorpions, Ratt, and Malmsteen. Then "Ride the Lightning" & "Master of Puppets" happened. From there I discovered Megadeth, Exodus, Overkill, and Testament. That was the beginning.

(edit) These days, the bands I'm most into are -- Deals Death, Enter My Silence, Children of Bodom, Lamb of God, Carcass, Detonation, Opeth, Omnium Gatherum, Mors Principium Est, Insomnium, Daath, The Absence, Dark Tranquility, At the Throne of Judgement, Arch Enemy, Bloodbath, Death, Darkness Rites.

(edit) Stuff I'm checking out lately -- Fragments of Unbecoming, Demonoid, Chimaira, Blood Stain Child, At the Gates, In Flames, Katalonia.

(edit) More recently, I'm liking -- Amon Amarth, Autumn Leaves, Be'lakor, Unleash the Archers,

A couple of local bands I like is Darkness Rites (Kemptville Ontario).

I'm looking forward to meeting people, making friends, and learning something.

...and I will leave you with these:

Last edited by a moderator: