Hello, I'm a St. Louisian

clay1oh

New Metal Member
Jul 13, 2007
Hey I'm just looking to meet people that like the same type of metal I do. It's not too fun being in a band that listens to stuff like The Devil Wears Prada, Bullet For My Valentine, Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, etc.
Most people listen to music just for in the moment, like deciding whether a band is good or not if it has good mosh or headbanging music. For me that is part of it but I love the message, and the association to the music to your life experiences. Pretty much like a soundtrack, so like ten years later I'll listen to the bands I liked and I'll get so much nostalgia. Anyone will from music but you won't get too much from rap/metalcore/pop/etc.

Here's a list of some bands I love, starting from my most favorite bands, well it's wrong but I at least know the top four:

Opeth
Gojira
Sikth
Suffocation
Megadeth
Nile
Decapitated
Katatonia
Agalloch
Behemoth
Amon Amarth

Bands that I used to love and now I'm not as crazy about:

Children of Bodom
In Flames
Shadows Fall
Metallica
Symphony X
Dragonforce
Arch Enemy

And bands that I regret mentioning that I liked when I was younger:

Korn
Slipknot
Van Halen
Metallica 1991+

If anyone just wants to chat, my AIM sn is clay10david
Fergert to mention I'm 17 years old but I'm not here to date so age doesn't matter to me

Hey I'm just looking to meet people that like the same type of metal I do. It's not too fun being in a band that listens to stuff like The Devil Wears Prada, Bullet For My Valentine, Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, etc.
Most people listen to music just for in the moment, like deciding whether a band is good or not if it has good mosh or headbanging music. For me that is part of it but I love the message, and the association to the music to your life experiences. Pretty much like a soundtrack, so like ten years later I'll listen to the bands I liked and I'll get so much nostalgia. Anyone will from music but you won't get too much from rap/metalcore/pop/etc.

Here's a list of some bands I love, starting from my most favorite bands, well it's wrong but I at least know the top four:

Opeth
Gojira
Sikth
Suffocation
Megadeth
Nile
Decapitated
Katatonia
Agalloch
Behemoth
Amon Amarth

Bands that I used to love and now I'm not as crazy about:

Children of Bodom
In Flames
Shadows Fall
Metallica
Symphony X
Dragonforce
Arch Enemy

And bands that I regret mentioning that I liked when I was younger:

Korn
Slipknot
Van Halen
Metallica 1991+

If anyone just wants to chat, my AIM sn is clay10david
Fergert to mention I'm 17 years old but I'm not here to date so age doesn't matter to me

WEll I'm 46 so I'm old enough to be your Dad...scary huh??
and I've been listening to Metal since i'm 12 or 13. I listen to other music, but I love Metal..and yes I like alot of the band you have on your list especially Opeth and Agalloch!...Keep Rockin! :headbang:

Rob
USA