Hello! Im new and here is my latest

Wibben

Apr 25, 2007
Hi there everyone!

Just wantet to introduce my self!
Im Wibben and im a 23 year old Hobby-Producer in my pathetic little homestudio.
Im a Concept Artist at a Game Developmentstudio at day and a metal-ninja at night.
Im from sweden by the way!

This must be the best forum I ever found. Seriously! It's the forum I've been looking for since the dawn of the internet ;)
You guys are awsome!

Here is a song concept i've worked on for a little while. Hope you like it.

I havent put much time in the production and the Drum programming is horrible at times.

EZdrummer (will program new drums in DFHs later) and PODxt for guitar and bas. 2 guitar tracks.
Cubase SX3

I need some tips on how to track 4 guitars to get that Fat/big sound! Should i just record 4 seperate guitar tracks or make 2 tracks ReAmp:able and just amp them diffirent?
Im pretty new to the lingo and I have no real training in Music Production so be gentle with the language please =)

http://studioforum.idg.se/data/portfolio_user/51/11/42/4272790/Wibben_EZ_WIP.mp3

I like it... I like it alot. I'm a recent DFH fan myself... :)

From what I've gathered;

Example:
Amp 1 = Rectifier, two takes panned 100% L/R
Amp 2 = 5150, two takes panned 80% L/R
or vice versa.

This is just what I've gathered from reading and from people suggesting and the amps I listed aren't necessarily important to the equation, but thats what my ears like... :loco:

I like it... I like it alot. I'm a recent DFH fan myself... :)

From what I've gathered;

Example:
Amp 1 = Rectifier, two takes panned 100% L/R
Amp 2 = 5150, two takes panned 80% L/R
or vice versa.

This is just what I've gathered from reading and from people suggesting and the amps I listed aren't necessarily important to the equation, but thats what my ears like... :loco:

+1

Hey dude, you're just like me:) Except I'm not Concept Artist at a Game Developmentstudio :) (I'm electronics repairman:loco: ).. I have used 2 tracks of modern higain (for that hi end sizzle) and 2 tracks of mesa (for that low end buzzle for podxt) :)..

the drum programming is very boring on this track, you shoud add more fills and shit to this.. I like your playing very much.. It's nice and tight:kickass:. As far as the keyb sound goes - Don't like..

Oh.. sorry.. You wanted comments of quad tracking only (damn booze).. I'd recommend to try the same setup and just change only the mic setup (off axis/on axis).

I have also used Mesa/Deity, Modern Higain/Deity, Mesa/Modern Higain for quad tracking.. I think that te best results come when you combine 2 very different sounds. Think of mesa w/condenser and Higain w/off axis..

Not bad at all... like the gutiarsound... it's speciel but brutal. The music is quite allright too... And by the way... i'm from Denmark ;-) he he