Hello Markgugs . . .

Hi Nate, how's things?

I won't bore anyone with my latest disappearing act, but in order: very busy job, much travel, deathly illness, more travel, new computer, more travel, getting ready to move in with girlfriend, computer virus on new computer, more travel...today.

Everything is a-ok.

I've been reading a slew of these threads you fellas got goin' on. Hmm, some interesting things being said here and there.

Here's my personal recap:
I guiltily admit to being very curious to hear the new Metallica.
I only have one foot left since I had to eat the other one; yes, I too am completely in love with the new Cradle.
Both the new Soilwork & the new Children of Bodom suck ass.
The new Darkthrone is fucking awesome.
The co-founder of Immortal wouldn't grant me an interview because I was "too drunk."
I quit smoking a little over 2 weeks ago, despite JayKeeley & ChiefB's best attempts to get me to quit quitting.
There is still a place for easy-to-get, simple-as-fuck, in-your-face metal-by-numbers, as evidenced by the latest Carnal Forge & Skyfire CDs.
I bought my airfare to Wacken, even though I still don't like those stinkin' Germans. ;)
I'm really not looking forward to ProgPower at all, although I will get to get drunk and argue with Dreamlord in person, which should be fun.
I'm way behind on reviewing albums and transcribing interviews. This is a full-time job.
Battles In The North fucking rules, and there are equal numbers of reasons to love early and later Immortal.

I think that's it, though I'm sure more will come to me as time goes by. See everyone around soon!
-gugs

markgugs said:
I quit smoking a little over 2 weeks ago, despite JayKeeley & ChiefB's best attempts to get me to quit quitting.
I quit 4 months ago, this is the longest I've stayed away from smoking in over 8 years. My secret? I drink a fuckton more beer than usual. :Spin:

NAD said:
I quit 4 months ago, this is the longest I've stayed away from smoking in over 8 years. My secret? I drink a fuckton more beer than usual. :Spin:

Are you kerazy??? I don't smoke - I only smoke when I drink beer and go down the pub.

Seriously, drinking beer makes me want to smoke like a chimney. If I don't drink beer, the idea of smoking never even enters my mind.

Oh yeah, the other good thing about quitting smoking - watch the pounds pile on. All your appetite and taste buds comes back, heh.

No shit! I've gained 20 pounds this year!!! o_O

I used to be able to smoke only when I drank, but that went out the window sometime last year. That's about the only time I get the craving to smoke, but I always convince myself not to. There is no worse feeling than that first smoke after quitting. It tastes like shit, you don't even get a nicotine buzz, but you're instantly hooked all over again. I have to drink more beer because I need some vice to rest on, I can't just go through life sober! :D

NAD said:
No shit! I've gained 20 pounds this year!!! o_O

I'm not sure if quitting smoking also slows your metabolism down as well, with the body readjusting, but it almost seems that weight gain is the norm when people give up.

The absolute worst part about smoking, even worse than the health risks, has got to be the fucking stench. That is enough to stop me (or anyone) from smoking in my house. It's ok in the pub though, and when I come home all my clothes go straight into the washing machine.

Having said that, a beer is good, but a beer and a smoke is just perfect. And the after dinner smoke and beer? oooh la la.

I want one now. :erk:

Everyone just stop talking about smoking!!!

I forgot one update...

Nate's moving to California finally! Now we don't have to hear anymore whining about the "good shows" never stopping in Kansas! ;)

markgugs said:
Here's my personal recap:

I guiltily admit to being very curious to hear the new Metallica.

Agreed. Heh.

markgugs said:
Both the new Soilwork & the new Children of Bodom suck ass.

Agreed on the Soilwork, disagree on CoB (though it's nothing to write home about)

markgugs said:
The new Darkthrone is fucking awesome.

I need to hear this!

markgugs said:
The co-founder of Immortal wouldn't grant me an interview because I was "too drunk."

Bwahahaha! That's awesome.

markgugs said:

Good for you Mark, good luck with that. :)

markgugs said:
There is still a place for easy-to-get, simple-as-fuck, in-your-face metal-by-numbers, as evidenced by the latest Carnal Forge & Skyfire CDs.

Man, again, need to hear these

markgugs said:
I bought my airfare to Wacken, even though I still don't like those stinkin' Germans. ;)

YES!!!! I believe that makes all of us! We're good to go. Any idea about the rental car?

markgugs said:
I'm really not looking forward to ProgPower at all, although I will get to get drunk and argue with Dreamlord in person, which should be fun.

Hey, what am I? Chopped Liver?? I'll still party with ya! I guess I'm looking forward to it less and less as well though, particularly because JayKeeley, Amman and Scott probably won't go.

markgugs said:
I'm way behind on reviewing albums and transcribing interviews. This is a full-time job.

Well, at least you're not as bad as me. Heh.

markgugs said:
Battles In The North fucking rules, and there are equal numbers of reasons to love early and later Immortal.

Amen!! Immortal flat out rule!!!

markgugs said:
I think that's it, though I'm sure more will come to me as time goes by. See everyone around soon!
-gugs

Missed ya man, I hope things get less hectic soon and that you're feeling better. :)

I am feeling quite fine thank you very much, though this is going to go down in history as the single worst allergy season I've ever lived (and wished I died) through. Bleh.

For those of you who don't suffer from allergies, or who live in parts of the country where crap like pollen, ragweed, etc, just aren't bad, count your blessings.