Hello to all

Cracked Pleasures

New Metal Member
Jun 6, 2007
Brief introduction of myself...

I am a 25 year old man from Belgium who just relocated to Turkey after having spent 3 years in Ireland before. I was born in Ghent and grew up in that area, I travelled all over my own country and neighbouring countries first and then decided to take on the rest of the world. At age 22 I relocated to Ireland where I spent 1 year in Dublin and 2 years in Belfast.

I then decided to follow my Middle Eastern dream as I have always had a very strong interest for the ME and its culture. After some selecting I decided to try finding a job in Israel and Turkey.
In Israel unfortunately the working permits proved to be a big problem. I am not Jewish so I could not make aliyah, and without special degrees or professional experiences I could not find any employer willing to sponsor a working permit for me. I tried finding a loophole in the very strict immigration laws, but was told my only option was an Israeli girlfriend (and that is not easy to get while based in Ireland!). I still hope to get into Israel at some point in my life and spend 1 or 2 years there, but I am realistic enough that with the current immigration laws this will be extremely hard to realise.
In Turkey I faced similar problems and after months and months of applying I was getting quite desperate. However, when I least expected it, an offer came and the company was willing to take care of a working permit for me. So here I am in Istanbul, my new home city, and hoping to travel all over Turkey from here while swamping myself in local culture.
In the future I hope to live in Israel, Australia and Norway sometime in my life as well (though the first two will be extremely difficult due to working permit issues) and travel all over Scandinavia, Greenland and the Caucasus.

I am a gothic fanatic and new-wave fan with favourite bands Bauhaus, Siouxsie & The Banshees, Silke Bischoff, the early Cure, The Smiths, Echo & The Bunnymen, Indochine, and of more recent times Placebo, Muse and Manic Street Preachers.

In terms of metal I first got into Black Sabbath and Marilyn Manson and then in the last year got very much into Tool, A Perfect Circle, and Orphaned Land. Also in the metal world, I like Evanescence for non-musical reasons (Amy :oops: )

Favourite metal tracks include: Ha'ayara Bo'eret (Salem), Stinkfist, Aenima, Eulogy, Wings for Marie (Tool), The hollow, Brena, Passive (APC), Ocean Land, Norra el Norra (Orphaned Land), Sabbath bloody sabbath (Black Sabbath), Reflecting God (Manson), and lot more.

Apart from travelling and music my biggest passions are soccer, politics, arts in general, and discovering new cultures (biggest interest being Middle Eastern culture). I am an Aspie.

Sagol, merhaba! (I picked up only a few words yet , but hope to learn Turkish soon while living here!)

I forgot to add one thing about myself: my nickname comes from a Bauhaus song. Bauhaus are amongst my favourite bands and the name comes from a line in the song "The Passion of Lovers".

I should really try to trace and meet Bauhaus singer Peter Murphy, who lives in Istanbul as well. But how to locate someone in a city with 16000000 people? :)

Sagol, merhaba! (I picked up only a few words yet , but hope to learn Turkish soon while living here!)

I forgot to add one thing about myself: my nickname comes from a Bauhaus song. Bauhaus are amongst my favourite bands and the name comes from a line in the song "The Passion of Lovers".

I should really try to trace and meet Bauhaus singer Peter Murphy, who lives in Istanbul as well. But how to locate someone in a city with 16000000 people? :)

merhaba :lol: