Hello to all

Trevor

New Metal Member
Jan 24, 2003
eeewtah
Visit site
Just wanted to say hello to all and thanks for the congrats.
I will be looking forward to meeting everyone at the CMF, and anywhere else. Thankz

Hey Trevor,

Give us all the scoop on your playing history. How long have you been playing? Who are your favorite guitarists? What equipment do you use? Past bands? Etc.

As a fellow guitarist, I'm always interested in this stuff.

Thanks!

Bob

Hey Bob,
Well where to begin? I have been playning on ond off since I was 5. so about 23 years give or take. some of that time was devoted to classical, jazz and so on. I have been in a couple of bands over the years, first was Annex our pre teen lets play popular crap just to get girls,:lol: then i wandered from band to band for a couple of years, that was when things started to go down hill with the Metal scene. No body wanted to be serious. I took up playing jazz preformances and than dissapeared into the classical realm for a long time. I joined a band called Gallows pole which disintegrated when the singer and the other guitarist moved to texas. When they moved back I did a stint with Deathead which didnt last very long, nothing was ever accomplished there due to uncontrollable factors. I quit playing for a long time due to bad marriages and kids which left no time, stupid me:rolleyes:.
My favorite Guitarists which incorporate alot of areas are Jake E Lee, Chris Oliva really loved that guy, Randy rhoads, yngwie malsteen, John Petrucci, and so on cant list them all. I really like Strong melodies and harmonies. I know that now with Katagory V I am in the best position i have ever known musically speaking. Plus the guys are great and now its home to me. gonna have a lot of good times and make some great music. This was an amazing oppertunity and I can honestly say dam glad it was me!!

almost forgot cause i ran out of room with my life story:) . I use a Crate BV 120 half stack and i play an Ibanez EX reversed head, just standard. I also have a new RAVEN rms 1000 standard. I have a Dean electric acoustic. I play through a Korg ax1000g processor. pretty standard stuff. Not to boring I hope....

Wow Trevor, Chris never told me that you played with him in Gallows Pole as well, he just told me about Deathead. Anyway, it's good to meet ya, and hopefully we'll be heading out to Utah to do some shows soon. In the meantime, Dallas fans can see us at the Thrash Fest.

Originally posted by Trevor
almost forgot cause i ran out of room with my life story:) . I use a Crate BV 120 half stack and i play an Ibanez EX reversed head, just standard. I also have a new RAVEN rms 1000 standard. I have a Dean electric acoustic. I play through a Korg ax1000g processor. pretty standard stuff. Not to boring I hope....

Thanks for the background, Trevor! I can't wait to hear some of your playing. I'll be at the CMF in June - maybe we can have a beer or something?

Bob

Originally posted by Deatheadrummer
Wow Trevor, Chris never told me that you played with him in Gallows Pole as well, he just told me about Deathead. Anyway, it's good to meet ya, and hopefully we'll be heading out to Utah to do some shows soon. In the meantime, Dallas fans can see us at the Thrash Fest.

Yeah that was forever ago. We had some fun I think we ended up with about two songs. good ta meet you, have fun at your festival..

Originally posted by Trevor
Hell Yeah Bob, BEER GOOD. it will be alot of fun to play CMF. you can count on it. we can hang maybe talk some shop.

Cool! I live pretty close to the venue that the CMF is being held at, so I know the area well. We can hit some cool drinking establishments, if you want. :)

BTW, I play Ibanez guitars (I prefer their Prestige models) through a Johnson-Amplification JM150 combo. But, I mostly use my J-Station for recording - it really produces an excellent, heavy, raw tone, and I can record direct digital!!!

Bob

In the meantime, Dallas fans can see us at the Thrash Fest.

No Shit!!! Kick Ass!!!
If you happen to run into OMEN there (They're our Bro's in Dallas!) tell them bitches we miss hangin' with them and still want to get out to Dallas do a show with em' and do Jeager shots! And tell they're bassist Andy to stop using up all the conditioner when he takes a shower... it's supposed to be used on his head on top..not below! :lol:

I sure wish I could go to that fest! It sounds kick ass!

\m/
Dustin

It's gonna be a pretty stellar event, a night of pure thrash. I think we are the most old school out of them all except for maybe Nuclear Winter, but still it's gonna be a blast. We are also playing an outdoor fest in March that is gonna be a little more varied.

Oh and by the way, we are going to be busting out an old Venom tune for an encore, either Live Like An Angel...Die Like A Devil or In League With Satan.

I haven't run into any of the guys from Omen, but I did work in the studio with King Diamond and Mercyful Fate. That was a great honor, but back then I was just learning to be an engineer so I didn't get to do alot of work on the albums, but I did get to hear em before they came out and got to hang with the bands. That was great.

Originally posted by rgbeach
Cool! I live pretty close to the venue that the CMF is being held at, so I know the area well. We can hit some cool drinking establishments, if you want. :)

BTW, I play Ibanez guitars (I prefer their Prestige models) through a Johnson-Amplification JM150 combo. But, I mostly use my J-Station for recording - it really produces an excellent, heavy, raw tone, and I can record direct digital!!!

Bob

Im sure we can arrange to visit a few drinking estabs. It will be cool to me and maybe the guys to have an insider to guide us to the good spots. I think our time may be a little limited due to travel but I think we could swing a little refreshment break:D

It's gonna be a pretty stellar event, a night of pure thrash. I think we are the most old school out of them all except for maybe Nuclear Winter, but still it's gonna be a blast. We are also playing an outdoor fest in March that is gonna be a little more varied.

Can you post a link with more information on the Dallas Thrash Fest? Or, provide more information yourself, like when, where, bands, etc.?

Thanks!

Bob

I don't have a link for a website for the Thrash fest. All I know is that it is held at Coyote Ridge and it's going to feature us, Nuclear Winter, Legion, Unchecked Aggression, Deviate, Spazz-um and a couple other bands that I'm not sure about. We will go on third or fourth.

It's not a big deal really, but it is for those thrashers in town, it's not being blown up real big otherwise.