Hello.

Aubriss

New Metal Member
Apr 21, 2010
Ohio.
Hi, Im Aaron. Not only new to this forum but internet forums in general. It just isn't how I usually spend my free time, but, as I'm constantly looking for new music I figured I might as well just join a forum.

I'm about the only person I know that listens to any good metal (or music in general) around were I live :erk:, and the only record store I know, the owner isn't much into metal. That being said, I rely entirly on the internet to find new bands.

Here is a (small) look at my taste:

Death:
Asphyx
Pestillence
Morbid Angel
Benediction
Bolt Thrower
Impaled
Human Mincer
Fleshcrawl
Bloodbath
Embryonic Devourment
Gorod
Visceral Bleeding
Mithras
Kataklysm
Benighted
Monstrosity
Intestine Baalism
Anata
Blood Red Throne

I can't listen to most slam death, just can't stan the gurgly and/or pitchshifted vocals. I like Melodic Death Metal and Swedeath bands but also enjoy Melodeath/Gothenburge stuff, from what I've heard most don't. Overly technical bands suck, period. If your music is too technical to make sence/sound good you need to stop (this means you Portal).

Black Metal:
Dark Fortress
Watain
Absu
Abigor
Naglfar
Anaal Nathrakh
Dissection
Graveland
Limbotic Art

I'm very picky when it comes to black metal. I need perduction values high enough that it doesn't sound like it was recorded in a blender, but it can't be too polished either.

Power Metal:
Galneryus
Noctunal Rites
Tad Morose

Probably my least listened to genre. Most of it just annoys me. The vocals mostly, don't much care for any of those bands with the swords, wizards, and dragons imagry either.

Thrash:
Carnal Forge
Annihilator
Loudness

I never could get into most strait forward Thrash. I prefer Death Thrash like Dew Scented and Crossover like Cryptic Slaughter.

Sludge:
Eyehategod
Crowbar
Noothgrush
Grief
Old Man Gloom
Acid Bath
Black Cobra
Kylesa

Definitely love me some good, dirty sounding, depressing, hate filled sludge.

Post-Metal/atmosphereic sludge:
The Ocean
Isis
Mouth of the Architect
Mountains Unfold
Neurosis (if they fit here)
Intronaut
Cult of Luna
Rosetta
Minsk

Love this stuff. Tripy, artsy bands like this are awsome.

There is a ton more stuff I listen to metal and otherwise but I'm getting kind of sick of typing this.:lol: