Hello

Chris Brooks

www.chrisbrooks.com
Jan 15, 2003
Sydney. Australia
www.chrisbrooks.net
Hi,

This is Chris Brooks. I just signed up at UM after one of my friends raved about it until I showed up.

So I'm here now and wanted to say hi on all the boards I will lurk and post on when I get time. So HI!

I did a search and found a few people had mentioned my music here in the past, so thanks to those kind folks!

See ya round.

Chris

for surel.....Chris Brooks - The Master Plan is smokin'

buy it or die of syphillis :)

Chris you totally need to hire me as a manager and promotor for the sheer quality of lines like that.

Originally posted by azal
for surel.....Chris Brooks - The Master Plan is smokin'

buy it or die of syphillis :)

Chris you totally need to hire me as a manager and promotor for the sheer quality of lines like that.

Maybe I should pick it up... you were right about the Karmakanic recommendation.

totally man...do it.

It's one of the better instrumental CDs out....not just stupid shred for shred's sake....realy songs and melodies, combined with off da hook chops.

Chris has a definate prog..maybe LTE-ish vibe to his writing...and his playing is like in the realms of Petrucci and Greg Howe.

check it out.

Thanks for the welcome, people.

azal is right, I do get inspiration from projects like LTE (and Planet X, Johansson brothers, and all the melodic vocal bands I grew up hearing), as well as my guitar influences like Brett Garsed, Vinnie Moore, Jon Finn, Allan H, Gambale & more. Thematic songs are where it's at for me, whether I'm creating or just listening.

I'm gonna jump into some other topics now.

Thanks again!

one more thing

Chris also plays a smoking track on the latest Mark Boals album "Edge of The World.

which is a must buy for anyone into melodic hardrock/aor type stuff with progressive tinges here and there.

other artists on the album are players like Tony MacAlpine and Jeff Kollman...also Erik Norlander plays all the keyboardist, not to mention one of the finest voices in metal.

check it out.